Napco Master Password

I have a 3200 Gemini Napco board useless because I missed its master password. I need your help on how to unveil its password. Thanks,

Nelson Cunha ( Brazil )

Reply to
njcunha
Loading thread data ...

Oi Nelson,

The code is 6 digits long. It is printed on the label on the main circuit board. Look for a metal cover on the main board. The label is on that metal piece. If the label is missing you will need to replace the main chip to obtain a new master code. The chip is not expensive but shipment to Brazil can take a couple of weeks. I would be happy to assist you with the chip if you need it. Also, I can get you the software to program the system. I have international calling to Brazil so I can also walk you through using the software by phone if you like.

By the way, what city in Brazil? I have an apartment in Salvador da Bahia.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

In inside the main control panel for a white label marked MASTER SECURITY CODE.

Jim Rojas

njcunha wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Look inside the main control panel for a white label marked MASTER SECURITY CODE.

Jim Rojas

njcunha wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim is right. The label is on the metal cover which protects part of the main circuit board. It the label is gone, you'll need a replacement chip.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I can retrieve the MSC from the chip. It's a very simple process. I think Napco charges $50 for a replacement chip these days.

Jim Rojas

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hi Jim, I found a label inside metal cover ( GEM 3200 068311) could be the Master Security Code. I will hard reset the board ( pin14 (-) to diode D14 and try this code 0 6 8 3 1 1. If it is wrong I need your help on retriving the MSC from the chip. Thank you very much.

Hi Robert, I am far from Salvador, 1,000 km actually. I live in Belo Horizonte - Minas Gerais. Thank you for your offer. I will try the number above and let you know the results . Many Thanks,

Nelson

Reply to
njcunha

The code you have is indeed the master code. You do not need to default the board to use it. Just download the manuals from my website.

If health issues don't prevent it, I hope to return this year. My wife is Baiana but my first girlfriend in Brasil was Mineira.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hi Jim, The code was wrong so I need retrieve the MSC from the chip. Could you give me these instructions on how to do that? Many thanks, Nelson

Reply to
njcunha

Yeah Jim, can you tell him how to do that?

Reply to
Jim

I would also be interested in reading about that.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Uh, yeah. Me too, Jim.

Reply to
alarman

Same here!! LOL

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.