napco magnum alert: keyboard bip every day in the same time

HI,

I have Napco alaram with keyboard " Magnum Alert". everyday at 11:00 am the keyboard bip and flushing lights( aremd, baypass and status) and the display show "2" and "3" . (i press the RESET key to stop it every day) Any suggestions to resolve this indication?

Thanks Zohar

Reply to
Zohar
Loading thread data ...

Sounds as if the system might be programmed for daily check in to central s tation and it's not getting through. Here's the key. when the three lights are flashing and a #1 shows on the keypad it indicates an AC power loss. Fl ashing lites and a #2 indicates a low battery and a #3 indicates a communic ation failure. ie.1 = A= AC fail/// 2 = B = Battery low /// 3 = C = Communication fail. HOWEVER .... pressing the reset key should only remove the flashing lites a nd numbers temporarily. It should re-appear after a few minutes. Check your phone line going to the alarm panel and to check the battery, close all op en zones. When you have a system ready condition, press and hold key #1. Th e siren should blow for a few seconds and then stop. If the battery is bad the three lights should begin flashing along with a number 2 in the display . Change the battery. If it's followed by showing a #3, it means that the system isn't getting through to central station. Reset the system. Arm it a nd fault a zone. Trip the system, so that the siren sounds. Wait a bit to s ee if central calls. If not check your phone lines.

If you're not connected to central station , apparently your alarm system i s programmed to report to central. If you have access to dealer programming , remove the central station reporting information. If you don't have acces s to programming, you'll have to see if an alarm technician can gain access to programing to deprogram central station reporting. Otherwise you'll hav e to live with the problem.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.