napco ma-3000 serial connection

I don't have the PCI2000 inteface. Can I local download from a computer to a MA-3000 panel without that interface? What is the pinout for J3 ?

Thanks,

Adrian Buciuman

Reply to
Adrian Buciuman
Loading thread data ...

I have done it with out it on low end panels But the interface works much better.

Reply to
nick markowitz

:

Is the PCI 2000 the device that keeps the line open? I've never used one. If so, all you have to do is add a telephone handset on the line that you're using to download and keep the receiver off the hook.

Reply to
Jim

Yes. My intention is to use a serial cable and connect MA3000 to PC without any modem. I'm not sure if it can be done. What I need is the pinout for J3.

Reply to
Adrian Buciuman

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here before and it can't be done.

Regardless, I wouldn't know what the pinout is anyway. I'm sure Napco wouldn't be interested in providing it so I'd guess if you want to know what it is, you'll have to do it yourself.

Then again, I'm guessing but, if direct communication were possible, I'm sure you'd be able to find the pinout on the Internet somewhere.

Reply to
Jim

I used to use a line simulator for local download of panels that didn't have a standard method of local PC connection.

Could use it at the NID for panels that the callback number got messed up on too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Don't do that. Use a modem and put a phone off hook on the other jack of the modem. Unplug the handset from the phone, too. Otherwise room noise will break the "call".

I have done this many times. The problem is you need an old -- slow -- modem.

I can help you with the software if you need guidance. I don't charge.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.