Napco Gemini P3200 Panel trouble

Hi Everyone,

I have an older P3200 panel (Installed about 15 years ago) that has fuses, they are 1.5AMP 125 Volt 15MM, I am not able to find replacement fuses for this panel anymore. I have looked on the internet but have had no luck. I l ive in NY and seems like the new P3200 panels don't have fuses anymore.

If I was to buy a new P3200 panel , are all the connections the same, meani ng are they located on the same position as my older panel? I was thinking of trying to do this myself but I am sure there is programming required.

My first choice is to just get fuses. Anyone know where these can be had? A lso, can't find any installers in my area to do this.

Thanks in advance Steven

Reply to
sziggy86
Loading thread data ...

If you only need a 1.5A fuse, get a standard size glass fuse and solder it in. You might need to scrape some of the nickel off to allow the solder to flow well. You might want to read the fuse with an ohmmeter after soldering in case the link got too warm. If this fuse blows occasionally, you might want to solder on a fuse holder. I believe in US the mfg is not required to provide spare parts after 15 years of the data of mfg, so this is almost a must if you want to keep the same equipment in service.

John Sowden American Sentry Systems, Inc.

Reply to
John R. Sowden

Where are you located I might have fuses if you swap panel you do need to reprogram entire panel unless you have quick loader software then you can upload and download

Reply to
westchesteralarms

Queens NY

Reply to
sziggy86

e:

to reprogram entire panel unless you have quick loader software then you ca n upload and download

Look up the telephone number of Tri=ed or Alarmax. These are two alarm pa rts and Napco distributors. They only sell to the trade but you should be a ble to get the names of some dealers in your area that can either provide y ou with the fuses or any service you need on Napco equipment.

Reply to
Jim

ote:

d to reprogram entire panel unless you have quick loader software then you can upload and download

parts and Napco distributors. They only sell to the trade but you should be able to get the names of some dealers in your area that can either provide you with the fuses or any service you need on Napco equipment.

Thank you

Reply to
sziggy86

, they are 1.5AMP 125 Volt 15MM, I am not able to find replacement fuses fo r this panel anymore. I have looked on the internet but have had no luck. I live in NY and seems like the new P3200 panels don't have fuses anymore.

ning are they located on the same position as my older panel? I was thinkin g of trying to do this myself but I am sure there is programming required.

Also, can't find any installers in my area to do this.

I was able to find a 1A fuse 125 Volt, can I use that instead of the 1.5A. I only have smoke detectors that are using that fuse.

Reply to
sziggy86

es, they are 1.5AMP 125 Volt 15MM, I am not able to find replacement fuses for this panel anymore. I have looked on the internet but have had no luck. I live in NY and seems like the new P3200 panels don't have fuses anymore.

eaning are they located on the same position as my older panel? I was think ing of trying to do this myself but I am sure there is programming required .

d? Also, can't find any installers in my area to do this.

. I only have smoke detectors that are using that fuse.

Yes

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.