Napco Gemini P3200 is stupid

Depends on the version of the panel you have, I'm looking at the v30 PDF files, G's suggestion is on page 39, mine is on page 33.

My predictions are the following

1. You will not find it on those 2 pages and resist scanning other pages close to them in case I'm off 1 or 2 pages
  2. I predict you will ask what the v30 part means
  3. I predict you will ask how to find out what the v30 is and won't be satisfied until someone holds your hand through this process in pain-staking detail instead of consulting the manual or looking at the circuit board
  4. I predict there is no #4 which means this line doesn't exist

Have you tried looking in the zone programming section? I didn't think so

We've given you clear-cut answers, you just choose not to listen

That is correct, even tho I and many others out there have done it with no problems on Napco 3200's it isn't available on your panel which appears to be stupid.

You seriously considering programming this panel? If so I suggest someone else do it

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

Well that's no problem. Have you selected the "Automatic Interior Bypass" function in the program? Do that and assign the appropriate zones to Interior 1 and all will function as desired.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

It can be done but you should probably avoid address programming on that panel. That has nothing to do with you being a DIYer. I make a living supporting DIYers and I teach them to do all kinds of things paid installers say they can't possibly do. However, most installers don't do address programming on Napco Gemini series panels because there's way too much to jiminex up.

I told you in a prior post how to accomplish what you want using the software.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Why? It would take 1 minute to do the fixes by keypad programming and 10-15 minutes to do it via downloading. If I was programming the entire panel I'd do it by downloading but for 2 or 3 locations? Pfft, you'd be lost if your modem ever broke

Completely false and I find it odd someone knows so much about a panel yet can't do one of its basic functions, Napco includes 2 program manuals just for that purpose

I don't even consider operating downloading software unless I know how to keypad program the panel first

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Which begs the question... How do you do this when you:

a/ don't answer your phone; b/ don't put paper in your fax machine; c/ don't answer your email; d/ there is no "d". This is only a figment of your imagination (much like your "stellar" customer service)...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Subject: Re: Napco Gemini P3200 is stupid Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com But, if you're just going to spew nonsense to somehow show-off that you

You're the one who is embarrassing yourself.

Reply to
G. Morgan

This guy may just be Paulies cousin.... Definitly has an attitude problem... Bad enough that I had no desire to spend my time helping him...

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Compared to some here he's a peach. :^)

That's OK. I don't mind helping him anyway. It costs nothing to be nice.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Thanks for nothin'. How many times must I say that "Interior 1 Bypass" is not relevent in this situation? I found what to do, mostly due to looking up address 2420 (not 2421) on page 14 and flipping through the screens on the PC loader software until I found it. By-Feature --> Options --> Auto Interior Bypass/Easy Arm Requires Interior Normally Bypassed to be turned on, however.

Reply to
geekboy0001

OK, I tried to help. Best of luck.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

You know I was going to say that myself but decided to hold back

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You never stated your technical knowledge level nor did you indicate possession of the software. The answer was appropriate without knowing those details.

Reply to
Aegis

Yup I guess that means the panel is stupid even though we've all got it working, now as far as all the other stuff you've screwed up because you didn't bother reading the manual ....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.