Napco Gemini P3200 area?

panel that ever gave me more choices in programming than Napco was Apex. B ut that was too ahead of it's time. As far as I know (now) there is no pane l on the market that gives an installer all of the choices that Napco does. Now .... I can understand that in 95% of the installations you don't need all those choices so it's likely better for those who are among the program ming challenged to use the lesser panels and just pass on the complicated i nstallation that require timed events, isolated operations, dual interior z ones, automated functions, control of users.

into but I can set up a panel to arm, and disarm on it's own at different t imes of the day on different days of the year, excluding or including holid ays and can allow certain users access only on certain days of the year and in the meantime be turning lights or other devices on and off on at certai n times of the day and days of the year while being able to remote arm and disarm the panel and receive verbal confirmation of open zones or zones in alarm condition? Among other things.

would have to say no to?

out any other panels lately) but I do believe that in spite of the fact th at the Gemini series Napco panels have been out for maybe 15 or twenty year s now, they still have programming functions that newer panels manufacturer s haven't even thought of yet. At this point I think that probably only the HAI panels can do more, but ..... as I say, at this point in time, I have n't and probably wouldn't check out another manufacturer because I have eve rything I need in the Napco panels now.

ure it's best to use equipment that can do whatever I EVER want it to do wh en I need it, rather than have to pass up a job or have to say no to anythi ng a client ever asks me to do.

over 35 years and still working it is a testimony to it's longevity. I woul d place it top of the line as far as hardyness compared to at least DSC and Honeywell that I consider being made out of tinfoil and compressed mud. Wh en I pick up a DSC panel, it's like picking up a piece of cardboard inside a tin can. Cheap plastic on the transmitters. Can't even open them without marring the covers. cheap, cheap, cheap. And Honeywell is not that far behi nd in quality. At the least, Napco is still using fiberglass printed circui t boards and 16 gage steel cabinets. I've noticed that the components seem to be getting cheaper looking but nothing compared to the crap that DSC use s. On the quality of parts alone it's enough to dissuade anyone with a sens e of wanting to offer quality equipment to their clients. However I'm sure that most use it because it's cheaper than all the rest.

f client how to use Napco systems. I do high level residential and very lit tle commercial so maybe it's an end user quality issue. I can certainly und erstand that Joe's Pizza would not know how to or even need to know how to operate a Napco 9600. Which is why there is the or P801 that can be program med in about 10 minutes from the keypad and a young chimpanzee could be tau ght to use it.

ir programming rather arduous. But, like most things, once you learn it, it 's a piece of cake. Also, once learning to program Napco systems, I can pro gram any panel just by looing at the manual for a few minutes. And, unlike Honeywell, Napco manuals are in pretty logical order once you have the co ding procedure down. In the past, Napco keypad programming was a bear for m ost people but now with the PCD programming application it's easy as can be . I very seldom have(or will try) to keypad program. It's just too easy to hookup the laptop. And now ..... using the Starlink GSM radios, ....... r emote programming takes place in a flash. No waiting for handshakes and kis soffs. Once you make connection, it's like 10 seconds to do a down/upload. COOOL!!

ces each of us has that leans us towards our equipment of choice. Each of u s having reason to rationalize our choices. Every piece of equipment out th ere has it's pluses and negatives. We can only hope that everyone makes the best choices for themselves and their clients.

Finally i did it :) From quickloader i can arm/disarm etc but from the keypad i can only arm in interior mode and i can not disarm! while pressing 1234 on/off to disarm f rom interior mode, i get message **ENTER NOW** and the keybad beeps fro abo ut 5 sec Any idea? At away mode (1234 on/off) nothing happens.... confused :(

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

in interior mode and i can not disarm! while pressing 1234 on/off to disarm from interior mode, i get message **ENTER NOW** and the keybad beeps fro a bout 5 sec

Hi Spyros,

The ""Enter Now"" should only show up if a code has been entered for access control. If You look at the Keypad you will see a brown wire. That wire ca n be activated as a door access control output. I have mag lock doors in bu sinesses that can be controlled by employees returning during the day when they enter a code at the keypad. It doesn't arm the panel, only releases th e mag lock on the door.

You apparently have a code programmed in the panel to be used for access co ntrol. The only problem I can't account for is that the **Enter Now** shou ld only appear after you enter the code and then go away after a minute or so. Look in the panel programming for anything to do with access control an d erase it and download to the panel. Look in the area of programming where you enter the user codes. If you don't see it on the first screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Someone may have made the access code user # 32. If after you download to the panel no change occurs, de-power the pan el and then start it up again. Sometimes troubles get locked into memory an d if you don't clear them before you change programming the trouble stays l ocked in memory until you power down the panel.

Reply to
Jim

m in interior mode and i can not disarm! while pressing 1234 on/off to disa rm from interior mode, i get message **ENTER NOW** and the keybad beeps fro about 5 sec

ss control. If You look at the Keypad you will see a brown wire. That wire can be activated as a door access control output. I have mag lock doors in businesses that can be controlled by employees returning during the day whe n they enter a code at the keypad. It doesn't arm the panel, only releases the mag lock on the door.

control. The only problem I can't account for is that the **Enter Now** sh ould only appear after you enter the code and then go away after a minute o r so. Look in the panel programming for anything to do with access control and erase it and download to the panel. Look in the area of programming whe re you enter the user codes. If you don't see it on the first screen, scrol l all the way down to the bottom. Someone may have made the access code use r # 32. If after you download to the panel no change occurs, de-power the p anel and then start it up again. Sometimes troubles get locked into memory and if you don't clear them before you change programming the trouble stays locked in memory until you power down the panel.

And it just occurs to me that 1234 is the access code not the default arm d isarm code. Again look in the area of the programming and either erase anyt hing to do with access control or change the access code to some other numb er.

Reply to
Jim

Thank you Jim, you are right. That was the error. I erase the users and reprogramm them and everything is ok now. Thanks a lot!

Reply to
spyros

Good!

Glad to help

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.