NAPCO Gemini - How to disable the tone after a "Close"?

We have openings and closings on our p3200 and after an arming/ closing, the keypads beep for a few seconds after.

Can someone please tell me what configuration has to be changed to disable the closing beep?

Thanks Michelle

Reply to
Michelle
Loading thread data ...

I'm not sure but I don't think that's an option.

I'd call Napco tech support.

Reply to
Jim

Chances are disabling that is not allowed due to SIA false alarm guidelines

Reply to
mleuck

ah ok.. thanks for the replies.

Just to be clear.. the tone is from the openings/closing being enabled. The keypad does its regular "arming" beeps etc, the additional tone is not heard if the opening/closing is disabled.

Reply to
Michelle

When closing, the keypad will beep after it gets a kissoff from the central. I guess it's presumed that if you're closing ,that no one will be there.

Does a keypad beep if no one hears it?

Reply to
Jim

That sounds like the system is set to beep the keypad on a successful central station report

Check programming for anything that activates the outputs on or after arming

Reply to
mleuck

Since I do mostly residential now, I don't do openings and closings, but off hand, I don't remember there being any option to shut that off.

Reply to
Jim

I have a strange feeling if he turned off CP-01 standards in programming it would fix it

Reply to
mleuck

I'm interested in security for my clients, not delays, so I don't use the R2D2 standards and as long as I'm able to turn them off, I will. But, with Napco, you have to turn them on, not off.

Reply to
Jim

Siren chirp? If so disable that.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Check the ringback after closing. It may be around location 2418. Start Exit Delay after Ringback It isn't in the normal programming sheet in a Gemini like earlier panels had. Tech support would give you the address and whether or not it can be disabled.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.