NAPCO GEM-P9600 programming question

I was hoping someone could tell me how to adjust the time that an alarm rin gs for on the above referenced panel(It seems to continue to ring and I wou ld like to set perhaps a 30 minute limit). I have the master cose and would do it thought the keypad which is GEM-RP1CAE2.

Thanks for your help.

Steven

Reply to
wallstreet123456
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for your help.

Steven

Hi,

Setting your alarm to ring 30 minutes if you have an exterior siren is inviting your neighbors to shoot your tires when you are coming home from work. It won't be pretty.

You will need the installer code to program the bell time.

Reply to
E DAWSON

ings for on the above referenced panel(It seems to continue to ring and I w ould like to set perhaps a 30 minute limit). I have the master cose and wou ld do it thought the keypad which is GEM-RP1CAE2.

I have the installer code but I need to know where to go on the keypad to g et to the time setting.

Reply to
wallstreet123456

ings for on the above referenced panel(It seems to continue to ring and I w ould like to set perhaps a 30 minute limit). I have the master cose and wou ld do it thought the keypad which is GEM-RP1CAE2. > > > > Thanks for your h elp. > > > > Steven I have the installer code but I need to know where to g o on the keypad to get to the time setting.

If you have the installer code then you must also have the installation and programing manual (?). If you look in the glossary under "times" (I think) or something similar it will give you the programing location to go to. Th en, while looking at the manual, you should be able to figure out what digi ts to put in the locations. It's in hexidecmal so you could have a problem with that also. I would suggest a time of something more reasonable than 3

0 minutes, like 10 or 15 minutes at the most.

I don't (and I don't know who does .... anymore) program 96 zone panels via the keypad. It's all done with laptop today. Keypad programing is WAAAAAy to time consuming and cumbersome. If this info doesn't help you, let me kno w and I'll pull out a manual and see if I can remember how to do it manualy .

Reply to
Jim

ings for on the above referenced panel(It seems to continue to ring and I w ould like to set perhaps a 30 minute limit). I have the master cose and wou ld do it thought the keypad which is GEM-RP1CAE2.

Thanks Jim,

I will look at the manual tonight and see if I can figure this out? I do no t have software to program the panel so it will have to be done through the key pad.

Reply to
wallstreet123456

Um, Jim? You done a 9600 in a while? You know where the code is on those unless the sticker has been removed don't you?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

and programing manual (?). Um, Jim? You done a 9600 in a while? You know w here the code is on those unless the sticker has been removed don't you?

Hi Bob,

Yes, but I thought that if it was installed by an alarm company that they l ikely would have removed it. And .... I'm sure the manual is available on l ine somewhere.

I just didn't want to have to go get a manual and look it up if he already had one ... which by all indications he does. If he can't figure it out, I' ll look it up.

I can't remember the last time I looked at a programming manual. I think it may have been on a piece of parchment..... or maybe even a stone tablet.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.