Napco Freedom Panel

I just went to the Napco site to get the gentleman a manual and what's this junk I see? Is anyone actually installing this?

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

I have one of these panels I bench tested 2 years ago..."junk" is putting it mildly... :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

ADT was/is

It's a GEM P801 with a funky keypad designed to eliminate false alarms from people screwing up their code. They have something more elaborate coming soon

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Roland Moore

NOPE... My local distributor sent a pallet load of them back to the factory... After all, trying to sell systems to customers that can't remember a four digit code sounds like more trouble than it's worth... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Hey, the cans just might be small enough to make good scorpion traps.

Reply to
Frank Olson

True but if you think about it thats a HUGE market :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Wow. I have a feeling selling through distrubution aint gonna work either.

Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
G. Morgan

For years, Ademco, Caddx, ITI, and a few others constantly came out with stupid panel lines...I guess now it's Napco's turn.

Ademco VistaXM-XT...What Junk ITI RF Commander, SX-V...Yuck! Caddx...Ranger Series... :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Stupid people need security, too. Maybe even more than the rest of us.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

The XM was decent, I agree on the ITI stuff but Caddx was always decent

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I got duped into helping out a sick friend and it ended up that I installed about 300 or so Ranger 8900 panels in some multifamily. Is there anything worse than multifamily? The joy of working endless days with the lowest bid bottom feeders of every trade out there. If he didn't end up dead from his illness I might have killed him anyway for getting me into that. Now Caddx is a GE headache and GE could end up everybody's headache.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.