Napco F64CODE-K1VPS keypads

One of our distributors sent me a brochure on these new Napco keypads. I guess they're trying to make up for their losses on the "freedom" kit they built for ADT. The keypads do look interesting, though. They put in 4-zone expansion modules like the K1-CA and earlier RP-CAe2. They added the voice functionality of the EVA-1, a low-volume (88dB) siren and a built-in PIR for alarm and occupancy sensing. About the only thing missing is something to start your coffee. :^)

I haven't actually had one in hand yet though the distributors say they're in stock. I wonder if anyone here has tried one out yet. Besides myself, there are only a few on ASA (2 or 3, I think) who use much Napco.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

=EF=BF=BDI guess

in 4-zone expansion

functionality

esides myself, there

Tried one a number of months ago with the 1664. As with all voice responding devices, the client asked me to turn it off after a couple of months. The local "siren" is ok and the built in motion detector can obviously only be used in particular areas. Everything else seems the same as the RP1Ae1PQrsTu2VWx3yz Keypad. ( couldn't they come up with an easier part number to remember?) The blue backlight is neat though. Haven't had an opportunity to use another since, but probably will if the need arises.

Reply to
Jim

though. Haven't had an opportunity to use another since, but probably will if the need arises.

Agreed on the part numbering. It seems as though they throw darts at a spinning board with letters on it. I occasionally get a request for "talking" keypads. Unless the person is sight-impaired I try to talk them out of it for the same reason. It gets old pretty fast. I used the EVA-1 for blind clients in CT a number of times though and it was great for them. I guess I'll order one to mess with and add them to the website.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.