Napco EZM-8 new install causing "E12-01 SERVICE" error on keypads

I'm trying to add a EZM-8 expansion module to my Napco 9600 panel. The keypads are showing the following:

System Trouble BURG EZM TRBL E12-01 SERVICE

I have 6 Sentrol PI6000 motion sensors attached to the EZM. The red light on the EZM flashes once about every 2 seconds. From the directions, this sounds normal.

This is the first EZM added to my system. Thus, it is set to address

01 per the jumper settings. It is located in a second floor closet above the door. The panel is in the basement.

Does the error indicate something wrong with the EZM module or could I have one or all of the motion sensors wired wrong? I wired them similar to what I did for one PI6000 I wired to the panel directly.

The Windows software via the automation kit indicates the 6 zones are normal, and the 2 unused are open.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
cmjindy
Loading thread data ...

Have you programmed the P9600 to expect EZM modules #1 and #2?

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Have you programmed the P9600 to expect EZM modules #1 and #2? Also, make sure you haven't configured one of the keypad EZM modules to address #01.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Problem resolved. I had an EZM keypad address set to 01. I set the EZM-8 to address 01, then changed the 2 keypads to addresses 03 and 04 to resolve the issue.

Thanks to all for pointing me in the correct direction.

Chris

Reply to
cmjindy

According to my Napco tech notes that explains all the error codes in detail:

E12-01 indicates Burg EZM Response Trouble-EZM zone expansion module not talking to control panel. Verify that the EZM address jumpers are properly set. If using a keypad EZM make sure you gave it the proper EZM address. EZM modules must be programmed consecutively (1,2,3,4 etc.). EZM modules are programmed in groups of 4 therefore if using an 8-zone EZM you must enble 2 EZM groups in programming. The next EZM address would skip (e.g. 1 then 3). If this is correct try EZM directly at panel. If trouble clears you have a bad wire. If trouble is still present and programming and addressing is correct you may have a bad device.

Sean

Reply to
SeanS

You're most welcome.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.