NAPCO 1008LK - programming

I recently moved into a house and the alarm is a NAPCO 1008LK with Magnum Alert Controls

I have motion sensors and they appear to work - when ever I walk through rooms, the alarm controls beep. The siren remains quiet.

I can't seem to turn off the motion detection without unplugging the alam and letting the battery die down - takes about 48 hours.

Does anyone know how to turn off and on the motion sensing ability from the control? or is that some code that needs to be inputted? (that was lost a long time ago by the previous owners).

Thanks is advance for any assistance.

warren

Reply to
warren
Loading thread data ...

When you walk past the motions and the keypads beep, is it just a short beep or continuous for ..... say ..... 10 or 15 minutes?

I'm going to presume it's a short beep. However, even this seems rather strange.

There is a feature in the 1008 called Chime. This is usually programed in each zone that you would want to know opened during the time the system was disarmed. I don't know why anyone would program motion detectors to chime every time you walked through them. I'm also presuming that you get the same beep when you open doors or windows too. Anyway, if you hold down key number 5 until the second beep (about

2/3 seconds) ..... if it is the chime feature, this should turn it off. There is also another feature called fault-find .... that can make the keypad beep when you open and close a zone. You can eliminate this feature by holding key number 9, until the second beep.

You can bypass each of the motion detectors by pushing the B / 0 key once, followed by the number of the zone that the motion detector is on. Follow the same sequence of keys for each zone you want to bypass. You may also want to try pushing the B or 0 key two times. If the system was programed to do a group bypass of the motion detectors, when you push the B/ Zero key two times, the yellow light will come on at the keypad. If it does, then press the number 2 key until the second beep and continue holding it and the numbers of the bypassed zones will scan on the display. The numbers of the zones showing will likely be that of the motion detectors. HOWEVER, once they or any zone is bypassed, the only way to unbypass them is to arm and disarm the system.

Just curious, but if you don't have the code to arm and disarm the system why are you leaving it powered up?

Reply to
Jim

.... also, if he is letting in go dead and then powering back up, the chime would normally be off.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.