Motion Detector Ademco 998IP

I just got an Ademco 998IP motion detector and I need to know the color sequence of the 4 wires. I am replacing an old one that is broken The old sequence was red, black, white and green from top to bottom, set vertically. The 998IP has the wire clamps horizontal on the top left side. The manual gives me the following information. #1(-12VDC), 2(+12VDC), 3 and 4(relay- opens on alarm). Is there any help for this? Thanks Steven

Reply to
Sbg
Loading thread data ...

Seems to me that you've answered your own question but have the wiring sequence wrong. If you have a volt meter, put the positive lead from it on the red wire and the negative lead on the black. If' your reading a positive 12 VDC then the correct wire sequence should be: Black, Red, White, Green (from top to bottom).

Regards, Frank (No, not that "Frank". The other one.)

Reply to
FIRETEK

Reply to
Sbg via HomeKB.com

You have probably blown a fuse at the control panel. What make and model is your control? js

Reply to
alarman

Blew a fuse. 25 cent part, 10 seconds to replace, once you know where it is. What brand/model alarm do you have? (Hint: find the metal enclosure which contains all the alarm wires, look on the outside, then look on the inside for identifying labels.)

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Thanks worked perfectly, you saved me alot of money for a 5 minute job. The whole problem is solved.

Regards Steven

alarman wrote:

Reply to
Sbg via HomeKB.com

Thanks for the help Stanley

It fixed the problem and I appreciate the info. It was a 5 min fix that saved me about $250.

Thanks again Steven

Stanley Barthfarkle wrote:

Reply to
Sbg via HomeKB.com

Only $250.00??? Sheesh, your alarm company's cheep!! We woulda charged at least 450.00 for a blown fuse... and two hours labour... ;-)

Glad things worked out for ya!!

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.