More VOIP/Digital Voice

Reply to
Roland
Loading thread data ...

Actually it USED to be called Caddx and many here still call it that out of habit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

+yea, I know. I've been putting them in for 20 years. If u type caddx into the GE website u get nada. I was just pointing out rlb is so out of touch and out of date with todays technology he can't even get the terms right. maybe rlb USED to know what he was talking about but now its a toss up whether u r going to get good advise from him.
Reply to
Don

If you type in

formatting link
you'll get GE's web page, and I seriously doubt RLB knows jack about anything other than his high-end Napco panels and sometimes I even question that

Reply to
Mark Leuck

What gave that away - the "Attention burglar - make my day" thing?

Reply to
G. Morgan

No thats just his typical BS bragging, some of the more technical stuff like his insistance that the 9600 can do 1.9A max current when it's less than half that, the fact he can't keypad program, some other stuff

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Bimbo". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland

I was wrong. The Napco guy said the X255 is a high end panel.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I suppose it's all a matter of perspective.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Let's see if I understand this thread correctly. I've been challenged for referring to GE's Caddx line as Caddx because GE opted to drop the word, Caddx. Of course, the same people constantly refer to Honeywell's panels as "Ademco" products.

I sometimes still use the word, "Caddx" because many people recognize it as the original brand name. Technically, it was Caddx building NetworX (capitalization there's) panels.

As to Napco, their commercial panel is the MA-3000. It's an 8-partition,

64-zone system with commercial fire capability (requires an optional, 2-line dialer card). The X255 is a souped up version of the P9600. Both would be considered high end panels compared to the usual fare which most dealers sell.

The P9600 has 8 partitions and 96 zone capability. With a maximum of 255 zones, the X255 is one of the most powerful residential panels on the market. It and the P9600 are often used for commercial security applications as well.

BTW, I've installed a few Caddx systems and serviced a few more. They worked OK but the physical construction was lesser quality than Napco or Ademco. The programming instructions for Caddx (now GE Security) are awful. They are as poorly organized and non-intuitive as anything I've ever seen.

I've written a number of technical documents and designed Help systems. One Help system I wrote was a job I did for Edwards while my company wrote their new software. Mark Leuck and a few of the other idiots here insisted that I was not involved in the project. Just for fun I included in the tutorial some screen shots with names like "M Leuck", "J Stevens", Robert Bass" and a few others you'd recognize. Leuck pretended to be upset when he saw a name similar to his own. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

worked OK but the physical construction was lesser quality

Security) are awful. They are as poorly organized and

I don't see how you come by that, the instructions for Caddx are in the order of programming instead of all over the place like Napco, also they have one installation/program manual instead of Napco's required three. Perhaps it was the simplicity of Caddx programming that threw you off

One Help system I wrote was a job I did for Edwards while

idiots here insisted that I was not involved in the project.

I never said that, you bragged about your programming "team" when in reality it's another member of your family who did the work and you turned out to be the odd man out who just wrote the help file, not actual code, hell even I can do that and I don't consider myself a computer programmer

"M Leuck", "J Stevens", Robert Bass" and a few others

to his own. :^)

Thats a lie, I never bothered to find any names in your help file nor viewed any screen shots which you never posted

Reply to
Mark Leuck

He's talking about this message probably:

Message-ID:

That whole thread has an uncanny resemblance to this one.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yes, yes... Of course you have. You've also installed a few "DSC, Paradox, Ademco, ITI, Visonic, Elk, etc" systems as well. When you did this is a question I'm sure the Attorney General in Florida would be very interested in. You're also a "proven idiot" in every system you've "installed".

You've never "designed" a single help system. You've used third party software (which you were never involved in developing) to capture some screen shots and import some standard wording. It's no different that using Dreamweaver to code HTML.

You have yet to prove any involvement in the company that wrote the software. I'll wager you don't appear on their board of directors (or even on their list of employees). I figure you were called in to "consult" because you had a modicum of knowledge of fire alarm systems and could talk anyone through installing a complete alarm system "in about two hours on the phone". The fact that a few of your family members where involved in the actual software development gave you the "in" you needed. Big deal.

Nope. We never doubted you were involved. (And we could care less).

Robert didn't actually "write" the help file. He used a third party program to capture a few screen shots (in which he's childishly included some vague references to ASA), and wrote a few basic instructions. Anyone with a modicum of keyboard skills and some basic knowledge of fire alarm systems could do it. He makes such a big deal over it though. He's yet to provide the "UL Listing" for the help file.

Reply to
Frank Olson

What do you think is the best VOIP service ? I have Skype but am curious as to which is the cheapest. I am trying to calling around then US and Canada as well as International calls to the Philippines. I mostly want a teen line but a good International number wouldnt be bad either. ________________ affiliateelite ~ affiliateelite.com ~ [url=

formatting link
[url=
formatting link
from the Free Home Improvement Forum at
formatting link

Reply to
daaliya

I don't know what is cheapest. There's a company called Magic Jack that's promoting their device and service about once every five minutes on every CATV channel they can find. I have 6 Vonage numbers (4 in the USA and 2 in Brazil) and they work flawlessly. Voice is as clear as any conventional phone line. Fax service works perfectly on two of the lines (one here and one there), too.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Magicjack works well. It uses very little bandwidth. I actually download ed a Napco panel on a customers Magicjack line.

Jim Rojas

daaliya wrote:

[url=
formatting link
Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at
formatting link
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Friend of mine out in California is using the Magicjack and so far, he says it's great. What's neat about it is .... you can take it with you anywhere in the world to call back home. Speaking to him sounds a little compressed, but for voice ..... that's ok. Bad thing about it is ..... your computer has got to be in active mode (not in standby) all the time, which can be a problem for some people.

Reply to
Jim

You can use a Linksys PAP2NA Router to solve that problem.

Jim Rojas

Jim wrote:

[url=
formatting link
>> ~
[url=
formatting link
>> Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at
formatting link
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Too bad they don't have Canadian area code, or else I would sign up in a flash.

[url=
formatting link
>>> ~
[url=
formatting link
>>> Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at
formatting link
>
Reply to
A.J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.