Moose/Sentol

Hello all,

I know that I am asking for a lot of nasty comments about the panel here, BUT thought I would just give it a shot.

Not sure just yet but I may be in the market for a Z2000 V.3.2.

What are the odds that someone has a good one just sitting on the shelf waiting to be sold??

Anyone?? Is it my lucky day??

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

Check with Jim Rojas I sent him several over the year.

Reply to
Nicholas Markowicz

Check with Jim Rojas I sent him several over the year.

Ok, Jim?? You in there??

Reply to
ABLE1

Sorry. I traded those out at least a year ago. I can ask around.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim,

At this point put that thought on hold. The better solution here is to upgrade. However the customer needs to be convinced. Thanks, I will let you know if a world wide search is necessary.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Its a shame they trashed the Moose line those where good hard working panels.

Reply to
nick markowitz

"nick markowitz" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : snipped-for-privacy@j30g2000vbr.googlegroups.com...

As boat anchor, they were doing an amazing job ;-)

Reply to
petem

Isn't it amazing how some people think that the panel they use will walk on water and ANY thing else is a boat anchor. Now for those that want to banter the above statement, please refrain from doing so. It is not worth your time since I am not going to respond to the silliness.

BTW my customer decided that we need to upgrade the system since the old Z2000 has served us well for the past 12 years or so, but, now it is gone.

Have a good weekend.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

m...

That may have been the case and a ton of them are still out there however they were late to to come out with updated product and when they did (the ZX line) didn't really have anything that anyone else did better.

And this from someone who loved programming the old Z900s

Reply to
mleuck

oupe

That is for the best, their download software was a joke.

Reply to
mleuck

Wade knew how to make a panel.. mpi-330, mpi335, mpi-775, mpi-25, mpi-26, mpi-50, z700, z900, z1100, z1100v2, z1100e...

many tks Wade, they were quality panels that did the job....

We've got a couple dozen still doing a problem free job. (and yes to all you nay sayers, they work fine, just like the day they were first installed..)

RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

I still have a couple Z1100 out there working as well as an ademco

331 There couples who are very old and do not want to change they like what they have and I have kept them running for them. When they pas away let some new tech have fun ding the upgrade and figuring out what a shunt switch does.
Reply to
Nicholas Markowicz

0, z900, z1100,

de

Yeah ... I've got some jobs out there like that also and I too wonder what some alarm tech is going to think some day in the far future when he comes accross a 602 mat coupler, an ultrasonic motion detector and toggle switches by doors and windows for shunts. I've talked to some of the younger techs and they truly believe that audio glass break detectors are better than foil ..... BECAUSE THEY DON'T FALSE ALARM !!!! I guess the saying is true .... If you tell a lie often enough, it eventually becomes the truth.

Reply to
Jim

You have made your cursory check. Now just tell the customer the panel is no longer made, and you checked to see if anybody had any still in stock. Add on that an upgrade would be far superior if only in that you can support it. If they want you to search all over heck and do MORE work to save them a few dollars then let them go.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Already past that point in time......................................... Just had to write up a report for the Insurance Co. Just have to wait see what happens.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I guess the saying is true .... If you tell a lie often

RHC: Hey !! That's how the gun haters manage to pass laws didn't you know. That's how they managed to dupe the public into keeping the long gun registry up here in Canada.

Reply to
tourman

I just read something about the registry up your way. Isn't it up for a final vote. Or did that happen already?

Reply to
Jim

That is ..... final vote to do away with the registry.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: No, the Private Members bill to do away with the long gun registry was NOT passed. A lot of back room arm twisting by the Liberals (Democrats), and a lot of lies by the anti-gunner groups, misrepresentation of statistics, loads of tearful pleas by the relations of the women shot during the Dawson college massacre, turned enough gutless MP's to keep the registry 153 votes to 151.

I've never seen such a miserable display of lies, misrepresented statistics, and partisan politics in my life. This has only strengthened the resolve of gun owners to make a major election issue of this next time around. The Conservative government (like your Republicans) is firm in their resolve to get rid of this "white elephant" but it may or may not happen after the next election. If the Conservatives get in with a majority government, they will have the voting power to get rid of it for good. If the left wing Liberals get in, not only will we have the continuation of this very dangerous piece of legislation , but they have sworn to ban all handguns and semi-automatic firearms as well (the lack of real logic on this simply boggles the mind....)

The long gun registry is ONLY there to ensure that some future government will have the ultimate ability to ban all firearms from the hands of law abiding people !! This is one of the stated goals of the UN. The anti-gunners are not intellectually honest enough to admit this, but I've been in this business long enough to know it's true. And even if it weren't their intent, why would politicians leave gun owners in a position where some future government can do this on a whim.

Look at England and Australia if you don't believe confiscation CAN happen. Politicians simply can't be trusted to vote with reason when emotion sways voters right or wrong. The Conservative government will now have millions of gun owners voting for them, and raising funds for them, based on this issue alone. I, like millions of other gun owners, am now a criminal by dint of the fact that my paperwork is not complete, and all my firearms are now subject to confiscation with no compensation whatsoever, AND the police have the legal power to enter my home WITHOUT A WARRANT on suspicion only that there are unregistered firearms present.

Any one who doesn't see this as dangerous legislation is simply an idiot !!

Reply to
tourman

Sorry to hear that. I thought for sure it was a gone-er this time.

Three stinking votes!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.