Monthly Rates

It seems in different parts of the country there may be a considerable difference in monthly charges for monitoring services. Since Alarm.com and Total Connect services pile on more fees it seems there is getting to be more of a spread in pricing between companies offering similar services. Any guess as to what percentage of dealers offer these kinds of extra services? What type customers seem most interested in those types services?

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

1. 100% of the smart companies.
  2. rich customers.
Reply to
Beeno

What lead you to believe there is a considerable difference in monthly charges in different parts of the country?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You can't collect $48.50 from some hick in Kneebone, Arkansas. He might be willin' to trade "shine" though...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Through the years it has seemed to me that the monitoring rates through installing companys has been lower on the east coast than on the west. When the "Lick n Stick" companys started here ( I was getting $18.00 per month) , their monthly prices were higher but the general public didn't make the connection between getting a "free" system and paying a higher monthly, so the regular installing companys began raising their prices (I guess) because there was so much of the higher prices being quoted by the "Lick n Sticks". (again, I guess) After someone got a monitoring quote from the "Lick n Sticks" the public thought they were getting a bargin with the lower monitoring price from the regular intallers...... even though it was higher than it was before the "L n S's" started in the area.

I'm getting $22.00 to $25.00 now but that was what I heard was "normal" for the west coast a number of years ago. I'd presume it's higher out there now. That's just for straight monitoring for residential and small commercial. I don't do large commercial or fire anymore and have rid myself of those accounts and as a matter of fact, do as little commercial as possible. Have radio backup accounts (additional $18.00 per month) and some opening and closings which I'll get $45.00 to $48.00 per month (including alarm monitoring) , depending upon the detail of the reports. These prices are about average or a little higher, for around here, as close as I can tell.

Reply to
Jim

Prices vary for nearly every service in every part of the country. Gas, food, rent is different, why not alarm services?

Reply to
Just Looking

You acted like you know for sure there is a considerable difference yet now it appears you are just guessing

You tend to ask generic questions

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There are differences in rates in the same market area. There are differences in regional markets too I suspect. Inquires from Alarm.com about rates led me to believe that there are regional differences in pricing.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.