monotronics

Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service for home security systems?

Quality of service, Reputation Customer service

Thanks,

R
Reply to
Roanin
Loading thread data ...

or home security systems? Quality of service, Reputation Customer service T hanks, R

Don't know much about them except that they are big.

My choice would be to go with a less-national monitoring company. I find th at local monitoring companies have a better "feel" for the geography and r apport with the local police than the larger monitoring companies who are l ocated half way across the country. If there are power outages, storms or l ocal emergencies, etc. Also, if there's a problem, it's a lot harder to de al with a person who's insulated from you by a thousand miles. Obviously, i f you DO go local, you want to find a company who has a good track record. Ask some of the locals who have alarm systems installed who they use and yo u'll eventually find that there are some local monitoring companies that wi ll pop up more often. The lower the price the more likly you're going to ha ve a problem .... is my rule of thumb. I don't know if you're an end user or an alarm company looking for a monitoring company but ..... either way m y suggestion applies.

If you're an end user looking for monitoring direct from a central station, you may find some difficulty finding a central station that will deal with you directly. They usually don't want to cut into the business of their al arm installing dealers. Others just don't know what kind of problems they'r e going to get from a DIY installed alarm system. They'd rather it be insta lled by an alarm company who will take responsibility if their are technica l problems.

There are some central stations that advertise on line that do deal direct with end users. Prices are usually pretty low but personally I think you're taking chances dealing with them. But ...... ya never know.

Reply to
Jim

Don't know much about them except that they are big.

My choice would be to go with a less-national monitoring company. I find that local monitoring companies have a better "feel" for the geography and rapport with the local police than the larger monitoring companies who are located half way across the country. If there are power outages, storms or local emergencies, etc. Also, if there's a problem, it's a lot harder to deal with a person who's insulated from you by a thousand miles. Obviously, if you DO go local, you want to find a company who has a good track record. Ask some of the locals who have alarm systems installed who they use and you'll eventually find that there are some local monitoring companies that will pop up more often. The lower the price the more likly you're going to have a problem .... is my rule of thumb. I don't know if you're an end user or an alarm company looking for a monitoring company but ..... either way my suggestion applies.

If you're an end user looking for monitoring direct from a central station, you may find some difficulty finding a central station that will deal with you directly. They usually don't want to cut into the business of their alarm installing dealers. Others just don't know what kind of problems they're going to get from a DIY installed alarm system. They'd rather it be installed by an alarm company who will take responsibility if their are technical problems.

There are some central stations that advertise on line that do deal direct with end users. Prices are usually pretty low but personally I think you're taking chances dealing with them. But ...... ya never know.

Hi,

Monitronics installed systems have their mainboards locked up to their central station numbers. They can be reprogrammed on all sections except the central station phone number. It is stored on the main chip. Unless you know their main codes to enter that section, you would need a re-dialer to send the alarms to another central station.

If you are a user looking for monitoring for an existing system, I would avoid them...my opinion on what I have heard from customers that were with them over the years. Also, don't get caught signing for more than 1 year for your existing system.

I do not agree that lower the price on monitoring means lower service. Shoot, look at the national companies, they charge higher fees and they do not provide higher service. A local company that you can discern that the technician or owner is conscientious with his work is the way to go. A good company will thoroughly check every part of your existing system and also check every last section of the programming. Don't settle for less.

Reply to
E DAWSON

On Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:40:49 PM UTC-5, E DAWSON wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... On Friday, March 1, 2013 5:32:55 PM UTC-5, Roanin wrote: > Anyone have any information on this company who is a monito ring service > for home security systems? Quality of service, Reputation Cu stomer service > Thanks, R Don't know much about them except that they are big. My choice would be to go with a less-national monitoring company. I fi nd that local monitoring companies have a better "feel" for the geography a nd rapport with the local police than the larger monitoring companies who a re located half way across the country. If there are power outages, storms or local emergencies, etc. Also, if there's a problem, it's a lot harder to deal with a person who's insulated from you by a thousand miles. Obviously , if you DO go local, you want to find a company who has a good track recor d. Ask some of the locals who have alarm systems installed who they use and you'll eventually find that there are some local monitoring companies that will pop up more often. The lower the price the more likly you're going to have a problem .... is my rule of thumb. I don't know if you're an end use r or an alarm company looking for a monitoring company but ..... either way my suggestion applies. If you're an end user looking for monitoring direct from a central station, you may find some difficulty finding a central sta tion that will deal with you directly. They usually don't want to cut into the business of their alarm installing dealers. Others just don't know what kind of problems they're going to get from a DIY installed alarm system. T hey'd rather it be installed by an alarm company who will take responsibili ty if their are technical problems. There are some central stations that ad vertise on line that do deal direct with end users. Prices are usually pret ty low but personally I think you're taking chances dealing with them. But ...... ya never know. Hi, Monitronics installed systems have their mainboar ds locked up to their central station numbers. They can be reprogrammed on all sections except the central station phone number. It is stored on the m ain chip. Unless you know their main codes to enter that section, you would need a re-dialer to send the alarms to another central station. If you are a user looking for monitoring for an existing system, I would avoid them.. .my opinion on what I have heard from customers that were with them over th e years. Also, don't get caught signing for more than 1 year for your exist ing system. I do not agree that lower the price on monitoring means lower s ervice. Shoot, look at the national companies, they charge higher fees and they do not provide higher service. A local company that you can discern th at the technician or owner is conscientious with his work is the way to go. A good company will thoroughly check every part of your existing system an d also check every last section of the programming. Don't settle for less.

Hi,

Yeah, you're right about the pricing. I normally don't think of the Nationa ls ..... at all, so I forgot about their need to make up for the cost of in stallation for the "free" alarm systems.

I concur with the rest of your post but again, it's important to note that you don't go with a company without a good, long track record. There's alwa ys that possibility that a small local company offering low pricing without any longevity will disappear. To me, and in my experience, any small local company offering low pricing and long waranties, won't last long.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.