MOANING MONA EXPOSED

Sadly, I write the last chapter in the flagrant abuse inflicted upon decent hard-working alarm individuals and companies throughout the United States of America, Canada, and the free world.

For far too long, they have had their dreams shattered numerous times as th ey contemplated etching out a decent living in their daily lives. Countless times have they rang a doorbell after someone called them to have their se curity system monitored, only to face dejection at the horrible sight of op ening that tan-colored metal housing and finding a Mona T Ronics mainboard system installed in the home or business.

Head drooping, shoulders slumped forward, head shaking from side to side, l ong breath exhaled, the alarm person turns slowly to the now greatly discon certed potential customer and exclaims with absolute disgust and anger, "It 's a Mona T Ronics board, I have to change it out and reprogram the entire system! I'm sorry, but I will have to charge you $xxx.00 for the new board/ labor.

Did I say "Sadly"? I meant gladly, happily, cheerfully, etc. It's over! It' s really, really over. It's a GREAT day in America.

I just had the joy of taking over a system this past Wednesday, and of cour se, it was a Mona T Ronics board. I did not have the forewarning of that dr eadful and atrocious sign outside. Only when I went to the furnace room in the basement did I see that horrible blue and white decal on the outside of the panel box. I informed the customer that it would cost him $xxx.00, and he had no problem with that.

...but, I decided that this was it, I would take the time to explore my alt ernative suspicions.

YOU ARE DONE HONEY!!!

******************* AND HERE'S HOW YOU DO IT!!!

Okay, I am going to try to be just a logical tech for now.

Basically, the chip on the honeydew board is what keeps you from changing t he telephone numbers in 41 & 42. Soooo, just remove the chip by prying very

-carefully from the upper right-hand and the lower left-hand corners, all t he while alternating from both corners until she is out.

Now, do the same thing on a new honeydew board, and take that new chip and insert it onto that Mona T Ronics board. Now just power up, hit * and # tog ether and get into programming. And Voila!! Go to 41 & 42 and change out th e telcos as needed for your account base. While you're at it, just grab the installer for future reference...

Now just swap the chips again, and you can program the rest of the Mona T R onics board. The chip was only preventing you from changing the telcos and nothing else. I used a V20 chip on a V15 board, it will not matter. You wil l not wreck anything by doing that.

And yes, I even tested it out to the central station this morning.

Disclaimer: I have never worked for Mona, will never work for Mona, would n ever ever work for any other organization that feels that they need to prot ect their territorial business by aggressively duping millions of customers into buying their systems without mentioning to them that the mainboards a re locked out in the programming of the telephone numbers. Despicable compa nies.

No longer will the recycling heaps of America be littered with Moaning boar ds. Huge beads of sweat are seen at the corporate world of Mona; fear, ange r, and dread now comes down like a dark, gloomy cloud...

Maybe I should have waited until the 21st of August so that even the stars would be aligned...(imagine the voice of Vincent Price saying this, "I see a GREAT DARKness descending upon MONA and her cohorts, the eclipse of the S un will cast a GreeaaT shadow upon MMoonaaa!!!

Enjoy! And let Freedom reign!

DISCLAIMER: The reader of the above information takes full responsibility f or everything and anything that could and/or does go wrong resulting in any kind or type of problem, difficulty, embarrassment, loss of money or goods or services or sleep or anything else whatsoever. May be too intense for s ome readers. Not affiliated with any government agency. Reference herein to any possible specific commercial product(s), process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, is accidental and does not nec essarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or disfavor.

Reply to
E D
Loading thread data ...

nt hard-working alarm individuals and companies throughout the United State s of America, Canada, and the free world.

they contemplated etching out a decent living in their daily lives. Countle ss times have they rang a doorbell after someone called them to have their security system monitored, only to face dejection at the horrible sight of opening that tan-colored metal housing and finding a Mona T Ronics mainboar d system installed in the home or business.

long breath exhaled, the alarm person turns slowly to the now greatly disc oncerted potential customer and exclaims with absolute disgust and anger, " It's a Mona T Ronics board, I have to change it out and reprogram the entir e system! I'm sorry, but I will have to charge you $xxx.00 for the new boar d/labor.

t's really, really over. It's a GREAT day in America.

urse, it was a Mona T Ronics board. I did not have the forewarning of that dreadful and atrocious sign outside. Only when I went to the furnace room i n the basement did I see that horrible blue and white decal on the outside of the panel box. I informed the customer that it would cost him $xxx.00, a nd he had no problem with that.

lternative suspicions.

the telephone numbers in 41 & 42. Soooo, just remove the chip by prying ve ry-carefully from the upper right-hand and the lower left-hand corners, all the while alternating from both corners until she is out.

d insert it onto that Mona T Ronics board. Now just power up, hit * and # t ogether and get into programming. And Voila!! Go to 41 & 42 and change out the telcos as needed for your account base. While you're at it, just grab t he installer for future reference...

Ronics board. The chip was only preventing you from changing the telcos an d nothing else. I used a V20 chip on a V15 board, it will not matter. You w ill not wreck anything by doing that.

never ever work for any other organization that feels that they need to pr otect their territorial business by aggressively duping millions of custome rs into buying their systems without mentioning to them that the mainboards are locked out in the programming of the telephone numbers. Despicable com panies.

ards. Huge beads of sweat are seen at the corporate world of Mona; fear, an ger, and dread now comes down like a dark, gloomy cloud...

s would be aligned...(imagine the voice of Vincent Price saying this, "I se e a GREAT DARKness descending upon MONA and her cohorts, the eclipse of the Sun will cast a GreeaaT shadow upon MMoonaaa!!!

for everything and anything that could and/or does go wrong resulting in a ny kind or type of problem, difficulty, embarrassment, loss of money or goo ds or services or sleep or anything else whatsoever. May be too intense for some readers. Not affiliated with any government agency. Reference herein to any possible specific commercial product(s), process, or service by trad e name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, is accidental and does not n ecessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or disfavor .

Don't run into Moana much here in NY but ......

now I've got it in my toolbox .... just in case.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jim Davis

By the way, that works for any board.

Reply to
E D

the telephone numbers in 41 & 42. Soooo, just remove the chip by prying ve ry-carefully from the upper right-hand and the lower left-hand corners, all the while alternating from both corners until she is out.

d insert it onto that Mona T Ronics board. Now just power up, hit * and # t ogether and get into programming. And Voila!! Go to 41 & 42 and change out the telcos as needed for your account base. While you're at it, just grab t he installer for future reference...

Ronics board. The chip was only preventing you from changing the telcos an d nothing else. I used a V20 chip on a V15 board, it will not matter. You w ill not wreck anything by doing that.

never ever work for any other organization that feels that they need to pr otect their territorial business by aggressively duping millions of custome rs into buying their systems without mentioning to them that the mainboards are locked out in the programming of the telephone numbers. Despicable com panies.

Wow it took you that long to figure that out? I'm amazed

BTW had the former customer called Moni before calling you they would have gladly unlocked it so you wouldn't have to mess with silly chips

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.