Mix n Match Smokes on the same zone.

Group... Can anyone provide an explanation, of cite applicable code, as to why it is not a good practice to install and mix different brands and/or models of 2-wire smoke detectors on the same fire zone (ademco vista panel,

2-wire fire loop). TIA, Nick
Reply to
Nick Lawrence
Loading thread data ...

One reason is you should only use devices that are listed for use with that panel.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Because it creates a visual flow, using different smokes interrupts that flow

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I give up. I think if they are listed to work with the panel then they should work with each other. I am not a EE so what I say isn't worth much. I guees you'd have to put the question in writing to the manufacturers to get their take.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Maybe different tolerances will interupt the electron flux?..like "crossing the streams".

Dunno, but I don't mix them anyway.

| > Roland Moore wrote: | >> One reason is you should only use devices that are listed for use with | >> that panel. | >>

| >>>Group... | >>>Can anyone provide an explanation, of cite applicable code, as to why it | >>>is not a good practice to install and mix different brands and/or models | >>>of 2-wire smoke detectors on the same fire zone (ademco vista panel, | >>>2-wire fire loop). | >>>TIA, Nick | >>

| >>

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

The Reason they do not want different smokes mixed and matched is because of potential differences in voltage and amperage draw and possiblity smokes will false or not work at all because one on line is drawing to much current etc. I have seen this happen with some panels they have very little tolerance for different sokes et I have seen other systems and panels operate with no difficulty accepting what ever you put on them.

Reply to
nick markowitz

that's what I said..:-)

| > Dunno, but I don't mix them anyway. | >

| >

| > | > Roland Moore wrote: | > | >> One reason is you should only use devices that are listed for use | > with | > | >> that panel. | > | >>

| > | >>>Group... | > | >>>Can anyone provide an explanation, of cite applicable code, as to why | > it | > | >>>is not a good practice to install and mix different brands and/or | > models | > | >>>of 2-wire smoke detectors on the same fire zone (ademco vista panel, | > | >>>2-wire fire loop). | > | >>>TIA, Nick | > | >>

| > | >>

| > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
nick markowitz

You mean the Queen's English, don'tcha? Now that opens a whole can of worms. It would mean you'd have to start spelling things correctly too...

colour honour centre tyre neighbour

Somehow, I just don't think that's gonna happen. Not only did we REBEL against the tyranny of a King, we decided to drop a few "u's" on the way.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Witch King? Richard lion heart was speaking French!

"nick markowitz" a écrit dans le message de news: qCl5h.136$Jd3.76@trnddc07...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.