Merlin system from Microtec

I bought a house that came with a Merlin Microtec alarm system. I'm not planning getting the service but I was wondering if any use could be made of the actual hardware. I currently have the phone unplugged as I really don't know if it's program to call somewhere if it goes on. I still use it as an alarm but I wonder If I could have it hooked to my computer to have it send emails if it triggers an alarm or other things like that.

Anyone else played with this hardware?

Thhx

funk

Reply to
funkd101
Loading thread data ...

Sir, the Merlin system is a proprietary version of the Paradox 728 Esprit alarm panel. It can ONLY be monitored by the Microtec monitoring station. This is a neat little trick some of the larger mass marketers use to make sure they don't lose you to someone else (at least not until you pay someone to change out their unusable panel)...... scummy practice, but at least not as common as it used to be !!

To my knowledge, there is no way to make this panel send you emails (at least not without jury rigging it in some exterior fashion that is totally beyond me).

When we come upon these panels, we junk them plain and simple.

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products

formatting link

Reply to
tourman

First we take them apart and try to make them implode...THEN we junk them, or use them for target practice.

| > Anyone else played with this hardware? | >

| > Thhx | >

| > funk | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Awful waste of a round of ammo if you ask me....:))

RHC

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.