LYNXR chime reminder

Every once in a blue moon someone in the family will forget to close the garage after bringing in groceries or something and leave it open for an extended period of time. Can the LYNXR be programmed to issue a periodic chime (perhaps every hour or so) that a particular zone is faulted?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

Nope

Reply to
mleuck

Option is not available in programming. But using the x10 set up in panel with proper X10 transformer and a lamp module you could send an x 10 signal to a lamp or light which would follow the door position light on door open light off door closed.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I guess you could use an X-10 relay module to trip a 60 minute timer relay to activate a chime or chime tone piezo. So... yeah I guess you could do it, but its not worth it in most cases. Or rather most people won't pay for the time and materials to do it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It's not uncommon to see the occasional garage door left open by accident and according to the monthly neighborhood watch reports, burglars routinley take advantage of these open garages. The security alarm manufacturers should consider adding a timed fault chime reminder feature.

On a related topic, is the firmware in the LYNX system field upgradable? I don't see any reference to firmware in the index, so I'm guessing the answer is no.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

It's not a big deal. Just get an Altronix delay timer and set it to trip 20 minutes after the door opens to cause the door to close. Or. use the timer to ring a sounder after 20 minutes. Depends what you want. If you're afraid you'll leave the door open when you go out, use the first method. If you just want to be notified when you're home, use the second method. Or use two timers ..... one to ring a sounder for 20 minutes and another to close the door after 30 minutes. If you have a Napco panel you can use the timers in the programing to do the same thing.

Reply to
Jim

Run that last bit by me again. I install almost exclusively Napco panels and I do not get that bit.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

No

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Napco allows you to set timers to trigger relays and/or X10 devices based on all manner of events, from arm/disarm commands to alarms to zone violations, etc. The P3200 and P9600 can be programmed to do all sorts of things, especially if you add one of their RB3008 programmable relay boards.

Do you recall years ago when I explained how I set up Napco systems to arm and disarm themselves, power down motion and glass break sensors, etc., for Orthodox Jewish customers? Using their software it's fairly easy to make the panels do just about anything except dance the samba (and I'm working on that... :^))

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ah... I keep thinking P1632 as its probably my number one panel.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I understand that. It's a handy, little panel and it can handle most small to mid-size homes. We sell about 10 of them per week on average.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

AhisiOkDbXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

I'm not sure if the 3200 could do it but the 9600 can.

I did it once or a couple of times ....... a long time ago but I'd have to go in to the programing and remind myself of what the options are, in order to tell someone exactly how to do it. Would need a 3008 relay box to do it... though.

Reply to
Jim

Yes, both of them can. Both panels have the same options and capabilities. The only difference is the total number of relays, timers, codes, etc. which are supported.

Yes again. Use the RB3008 board to get timed outputs. I posted the method several years ago in a discussion about automatically closing and then protecting a garage after door several minutes if it accidentally gets left open.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

In Quickloader for Windows v5.6.3 after freating the account go to the "External Relay Control" tab in the "System Assignment" screen. There you can select relays to trigger and set timeouts ehich can be associated with zone violations, zone restorals, etc. To get an action to occur for yy seconds but not until nn seconds after a zone violates, trigger two relays with their outputs wired in series, but one through NO and the other through NC. The first relay trips and times out after nn seconds. The second relay trips and stays transferred for nn+yy seconds. Set the relays to "Follow Zone Open" if it's a normally closed or EOL supervised loop.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.