Lufkin Security programming?

Lufkin will charge $50 to remotely program my panel. From what I've seen of the programming manual on my Vista 15P, it could take me a couple of weeks to program and debug. $50 sounds like a good deal. Any comments on their services? Most online monitoring companies then charge an additional $35 setup fee. How much programming is done during this setup? Am I paying twice for the same service?

Bob

Reply to
Robertm
Loading thread data ...

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:vMQ0f.91900$1i.38110@pd7tw2no...

I fully understand and I think both fees are reasonable. I didn't want to pay two different companies for the same job if there were a duplication of services. I have no problem with paying the going rate for an honest job. I'm in business myself and I charge my customers for my work, too.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

I had recently good experinces with Lufkin such I would recommend them. The customer service is very good. I had to call them since I could not enter programming mode and it turns out I had a problem on the house wiring (from panel to keypad). I liked to type of help I got from their technical support (between other things there was no wait on the phone).

I actually bought recently a Vista 20p panel from them, a touch screen keypad, wireless smoke sensor etc. to replace an old panel that broke. I programmed the new panel myself from scratch and it took me two evenings.

I th> "Frank Olson" wrote in

Reply to
Tom

The $35.00 setup fee for monitoring is reasonable. As is the $50.00 to program and "debug" your system. People don't work for free.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.