Looking to put in a Wireless outdoor Home Security System

Hi all,

I have a requirement to install an outdoor security system, and was looking for advice.

What I would really like to do is take advantage of the Wireless broadband connection and have the camera(s) made available over the internet, without having to put cables all over the place. Therefore recuding the overall cost to implement.

Must Have ========

- Wireless over 'broadband' Internet Connection

- Cost Effective

- Weather proof (Not extreme)

- Night vision

Would Like to Have ==============

- Solar Powered (So 'system' not need any wires as all, not even for power)

- Ability to have more than 1 camera

- Remote controlled (pan, tilt, zoom)

Alternatively, could I put in a standard Wireless Web Camera, and simply house it in a weatherproof case? If so, how would I go about that (camera, case, accessories)?

Given todays 'green' requirements, for the system to be solar powered and therefore no wires, I'd need a solar panel and a solar battery? Any reccomendations?

Reply to
George Leithead
Loading thread data ...

Try

formatting link
they have wireless wifi cameras and solar accesories

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Curious...; What's the budget for this project?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'd guess it should come in around $85.00 or so.

That's called "green" conservation.

Reply to
Jim

A green solar battery too - I wonder what that is.

Maybe one of those nickel metal hydride that is mined in Canada, then shipped to China via supertanker, manufactured in Tiawan then shipped back by freighter to be sold in US for 100x what it's worth. Oh, wait that's for the Prius.

| | | I'd guess it should come in around $85.00 or so. | | That's called "green" conservation. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The budget would be about =A3200 - =A3600.

Reply to
George Leithead

A ptz weatherproof day/night IP camera gonna run more than twice your high end and that's not even a wireless one.

The budget would be about £200 - £600.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ok, let's go for the must have:

- Wireless over 'broadband' Internet Connection

- Cost Effective

- Weather proof (Not extreme)

- Night vision

Do I have to buy an external camera, and not simply a Web Cam and house that in a Weather proof case?

Reply to
George Leithead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.