Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

Many 152's have been converted to tail draggers. Olson doesn't believe this but he's never flown an airplane in his life.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass
Loading thread data ...

The "few" that have don't qualify as the "many" you imply.

Aux contraire, "friend". ISTR when you first brought up the matter, you insisted (even argued) that the 152 *was* a taildragger. You brought up the subject of "conversions" only after you posted the "typo - 150" message and changed" your "toon" when I pointed you to the Cessna site. What's really funny is that you also insisted that all you had to do was install special main gear legs that "rake forward" to eliminate the nose wheel, when in fact part of the actual conversion process requires physically moving the main gear legs to the fuselage hardpoint under the main wing strut (the same one they employ when you put the aircraft on floats). Your "knowledge" and "experience" of flying didn't even include pulling on carb heat as a "first measure" when the aircraft you "say" you were piloting experienced a sudden loss of engine RPM's and started running rough.

As for my having "never flown an airplane", that falls into the same category of "rants" as your saying I "work behind a counter at a small distributor in B. C." or Paul's "wirless muzzling" ones. You fill this and other newsgroups up with your lies, innuendo, and invective, then wonder why it is people discount most of what you say (or wind up siding with the group of people you frequently refer to as the "IB" in ASA). You're a sad, paranoid, twisted, little man. If you weren't such an evil, malicious bastard as well (sadly that's the truth, and *not* a flame), I'd feel as sorry for you as I do for Paul.

Reply to
Frank Olson

LOL!!

"Quiffs"??

So??? I'd sit her on my knee and "nibble" here and there. I understand chicks really dig "gum jobs"... :-))

Ummmm.... Dunno that we've been invaded recently. As far as I know Madonna's still in California...

You figure those complaints at the BBB have anything to do with his selling a second keypad for it and then not issuing an RMA because the customer had taken it out of the box and tried to connect it to power?? :-))

Ahhh... yes... but it doesn't hold a candle to the time he blatantly plagerized the "gun cabinet contact" from the Sentrol Application Handbook. Now *that* was truly a classic!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

I had one yesterday in an old radx 2212 (iti xmtters) using those silly 1/2 AA

3.6 lithiums. Original owner never changed them, never called us, then sold the house, new owner didn't want to invest in new batteries on friday...guess what? he got to buy 4 from radio-shaft at 14.95 each on saturday. He coulda bought them from me on friday for a lot less...but noooooo.

Why don't people believe us? I know how long batts are gonna last.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Why don't people believe us? I know how long batts are gonna last.

I can never find those damn things at Rat Shack, they do sell the 3 volt lithiums for Honeywell around here tho, those ITI Techram batteries are expensive but unlike most other companies life expectancy predictions they really DO last 7 to 8 years.

I could be wrong but I think the receiver they made for that 2212 was just a modified QuikBridge which meant that while the receiver itself supervised the sensors for low batteries unless you tied the supervisory output to another zone the panel never knew a sensor had a low battery

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yah, I was shocked when Radio Shaft actually had some (a lot actually) but the price blew me away.

You may be right about the reciever as I did not get a low batt at all...just 2 pirs & 1 gb & 1 pt went faulted the next day. Didn't notice any supervisory wiring though. Back when we were installing them I was not out in the field much like I am now. Its a small white reciever with a led in the middle and double antennas out the top...didn't mess with it on friday.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Yup thats a QuikBridge, it can be used by any alarm panel

You may be right about the reciever as I did not get a low batt at all...just 2 pirs & 1 gb & 1 pt went faulted the next day. Didn't notice any supervisory wiring though. Back when we were installing them I was not out in the field much like I am now. Its a small white reciever with a led in the middle and double antennas out the top...didn't mess with it on friday.

1/2 | AA 3.6 lithiums. Original owner never changed them, never called us, then | sold the house, new owner didn't want to invest in new batteries on | friday...guess what? he got to buy 4 from radio-shaft at 14.95 each on | saturday. He coulda bought them from me on friday for a lot less...but | noooooo. | | Why don't people believe us? I know how long batts are gonna last. | | | I can never find those damn things at Rat Shack, they do sell the 3 volt | lithiums for Honeywell around here tho, those ITI Techram batteries are | expensive but unlike most other companies life expectancy predictions they | really DO last 7 to 8 years. | | I could be wrong but I think the receiver they made for that 2212 was just a | modified QuikBridge which meant that while the receiver itself supervised | the sensors for low batteries unless you tied the supervisory output to | another zone the panel never knew a sensor had a low battery | |
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Really...didn't know that...did ITI make the reciever...who's QuickBridge or is that the name of the model reciever??

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Yes, it's an ITI product. I occasionally get calls for them from homeowners with older systems they want to upgrade.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Use the Simon 3

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.