Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

You guys crack me up........ BTW Thanks for the honorable mention. :^)) It was honorable ....right?

Norm Mugford

concentrate

Reply to
Norm Mugford
Loading thread data ...

It was all based on "hearsay"... ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

You would "zero in" on the French aspect, wouldn't you?? Hey... Alberta's got a whole pile of oil and apparently there's a huge resevoir of it off the BC coast as well. Don't you think it's about time you guys decided to invade Canada?? After all.. we do have WMD's (Women of Massive Dimensions) here and several "CANDY-DOO" nuclear reactors that could furnish us with weapons grade material, eh. The whole operation could be done "on a shoestring budget" (heck most of your troops could just walk across the border). You don't even have to employ depleted uranium shells. All our "tanks" are really cleverly disguised Honda SUV's and most of the F-18's we bought from our "neighbor to the south" have cracks in the fins and are grounded (they do look "purty" though all lined up on the tarmac). At best, we could put up a "spirited" defence with a couple of "Cessna 152 taildraggers"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

We wire shit together. It takes a skill to strip wire properly and make sound connections. My guess is, secound to user error, faulty connections would be next highest on false alarm list. It's not a difficult skill to master but a skill nonetheless. If the DIY can strip cable, fine, but I'd want to see it first. I've seen some pretty creative ways of stripping and connecting wires. One fellow used a boltcutter tool on quad and thought it was great. I had to redo all his work (on the sly to avoid the ego thing). It would have eventually been a nightmare of intermittents and opens. Further, if they're frugal enough to DIY, they're probably not monitored or have diallers calling friends, whatever, or simply local sirens. I'd guess that percentage 'd be significant.

Reply to
mikey

That actually sounds like a pretty decent deal. I'm not familiar with their contracts, so make sure you own the equipment after the initial term. Read the contract and make sure there aren't any catches.

What brand is the equipment? The installation is important as well. Do they guarantee your satisfaction? Is the wiring completely concealed? The only reason to use a wireless system is if you can't hardwire it practically. Many companies use wireless because it is easier to install. Wireless, if for no other reason than the batteries, is inherently less reliable. How many industrial/ commercial fire alarm systems are wireless? Not many.

Reply to
J. Sloud

If I recall much of that oil is "ground oil" (my words) and hard to process, we're just waiting till someone up there figures out how to do it cheaply before you guys become the 51st state

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That I believe.

Perhaps you can still find something more suitable like waiting tables...

Looking for free lessons?

Wrong newsgroup.

You're such a diplomat.

Sounds more like you dreamt the whole thing up.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

And soon to be a province under my rule, Bush decreed it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You're talking "Alberta (Athabasca) Tar Sands" and it represents about 32% of the world's oil reserves (that's about 1.7 trillion barrels). :-P

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank Olson Jul 13, 10:27 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms From: "Frank Olson" - Find messages by this author

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:27:02 GMT Local: Wed,Jul 13 2005 10:27 am Subject: Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

:5w7Be.96231$du.93250@bignews1­.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
no wires showing

Ahhhh... "The Bush"... Well... If he's decreed it, it must be so. Pray tell... when can we expect the arrival of your magnificence?? I want to make sure the red carpet is appropriately freshened and all is in order... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

You're confusing me with your "pal", Groupie Muderator, again!

Capitalize the "C" in "Canuck", ya ornery yank!!

Never was much for "gay blades". Have you seen that new all girl Swedish team?

formatting link
Now that's more my style!! :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Damn don't read the news but they extracted oil from Gaspésie (a region of Quebec) last month and they say there is much more in there...

"Mark Leuck" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem
152's weren't tail draggers, at least they weren't when I used to test crash them.

Invade Canada? What for - cheap prescription drugs? :-)...oh I think we already do that.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

We've been getting 4-6 years on the CR123 lithums, pretty good with the heat we have out here...and we get low-batt signals from the points loonnng before they totally die...usually a week or two warning. With a 3 door/1pir system he'd be looking at a 30 buck battery investment every 5 years lets say...not bad.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Inside joke. You'd have had to have been here about a year ago when Bass insisted that 152's were tail draggers. When he "got caught", he changed it to "150" (which is also *wrong*) then insisted that the 150 was the "precursor" to the C-182. Robert (aka "Hi-Pilot" because that's the "standard greeting" he employs whenever he sees a guy in uniform) knows next to zip about anything aeronautical (which is on a par with his knowledge about the Elk M1Gold). This is the same individual that dreamed up the terms "negative lift" and "angle of attack of the wind" and argued until he was "blue in the face" that you spell "aileron" with an "e" instead of an "i" (or can spell it both ways, I don't quite recall). He also insists that if you roll an aircraft inverted, you actually add (or is it subtract) the lift vector to the force of gravity which means you can't maintain altitude while inverted (those aircraft you see performing inverted fly-by's at practically any modern airshow are in reality "special effects" created by inflating a big Mylar balloon and floating it over the field at the proper moment). He also insists that if you roll any passenger jet past 60 degrees of bank, the aircraft will stall and you'll become a large stain on the ground (or words to that effect). I'm also still wondering what he considers "flight speed".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yup that 2 week period before they die is why most manufacturers like lithium batteries, GE/ITI's used to last 6 - 7 years before dying.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Frank Olson Jul 14, 12:58 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms From: "Frank Olson" - Find messages by this author

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:58:46 GMT Local: Thurs,Jul 14 2005 12:58 pm Subject: Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

team?

formatting link
Now that's more my style!! :-)) <

You're old enough to be her grandfather ya sick bastard. Who was invading canada? Post the link for me dammit.

I saw further down in this thread your mention of a Bass ELK doozie and it makes me wonder how you could have forgotten the Bass LYNX whopper where he was talking about installing a second WIRED keypad for it. His infamous tip & ring post is also amongst my favorites.

Reply to
no wires showing

Think Bass dressed up like a broad when he'd post using that sock puppet? :-)

Reply to
no wires showing

I will neither confirm nor deny I ever dated Thelma Sue

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.