Looking for MP3 Alarm Siren

Just Googling around didn't help much with this issue...

I'm looking for a fairly good quality and loud alarm speaker/siren that will allow me to program it with my own mp3 files. I know I can jerry-rig a cheap MP3 player to an amp, but I'm kind of looking for a simple, all-in-one solution Does anything like this exist as a commercial product?

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
SeanS

formatting link
you need that but it says it only can use .wav files.

Reply to
SeanS

Reply to
Mark Leuck

True. Just wanted him to be aware that it uses .wav files and not MP3.

Reply to
SeanS

Thanks! Looks good. I can handle conversion - no problem.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Follow up - I forgot to say - I want to use a German Klaxon Siren (AAAOOOGAAAHHH) to scare the burglars and make a distinctive impression on the neighbors. :>

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

This thing is kind of flakey on .wav files. It handles .wav and recorded files differently. Sometimes it is easier to play the .wav file speaker to mic and record it rather than try to load it. As I recall there were some power issues too. You might want to be certain that this thng can "play" the alarm tune on backup battery without AC power.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I suspect you're going to be Mr. Popular with your neighbors after the first false pop. Hope there arn't too many close by.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.