looking for installations contracts.

I started a security company back in 2000. I was fortunate to find a company that gave us a contract to install public view monitors and security systems in many large groceries store chains in the bay area. The company also gave us more jobs of installing and configuring computers, routers and other network components for its new customers. As a result I employed very dedicated individuals who worked on those projects. As time went on, the company added more jobs for us by asking us to participate in Comcast cable TV installations. As my company expanded, I never realized the worse day coming ahead. The company felt that it was too expensive to do business in california and so relocated to Arizona. As a result, I had to lay off all those employees. Currently my company has no contracts or anything to do. It has been very difficult for us to find any contract or find a source where we could be back in real business. I have searched and searched for any source that gives such contracts but failed. I'm almost bankrupt. Do you have any suggestion or advice for me? We are licensed by the State to do what we're doing and also have C-7 contractor license. Thanks

Reply to
dola2007
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Dodge reports carrys all the large construction projects in your state.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Reply to
Roland

Sounds like you need to make some sales. Nothing happens unless a sale is made. While you may have concentrated on doing sub-contract work in the past, perhaps it's time to generate your own clients. Of course it takes money to develop an all-out marketing campaign, or hire salesman. If there are no contracts for you to sub under I see no other way. Go bang on some doors yourself, that is free. Sell to markets you haven't considered before (resi, industrial, heavy and light commercial, government): fire, CCTV, burglary, access control, gate operators, data, medical alerts, nurse call, intercoms, home automation, home theatre, etc....

If you insist on sub-contracting there is usually plenty of work pulling cable for data companies. Maybe even check out SAT TV installation to keep the guys busy until you can get a marketing effort going.

Reply to
I use solid wire

BUT... this company does not have any alarm licenses: The C-7 license belongs to another, it does not have an ACO license, or a Qualified Manager, or a C-10 license.

Almost as bad as when BAY ALARM COMPANY of Pacheco CA was UNLICENSED for over FIVE YEARS! (and they blamed it all on their attorney [wsrn]!)

I use solid wire wrote:

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

What are you talking about Nick? The guy said his company was relocated from CA to AZ.

-G

Reply to
I use solid wire

I read it that the company he was subbing for moved to AZ. He's still here in CA. js

Reply to
alarman

Ahh ha. That makes sense.

Reply to
I use solid wire

Great we need more outta state alarm companies coming here.

| >>BUT... this company does not have any alarm licenses: | >>The C-7 license belongs to another, | >>it does not have an ACO license, | >>or a Qualified Manager, | >>or a C-10 license. | >>

| >>Almost as bad as when BAY ALARM COMPANY of Pacheco CA was UNLICENSED for | >>over FIVE YEARS! (and they blamed it all on their attorney [wsrn]!) | >

| > What are you talking about Nick? The guy said his company was | > relocated from CA to AZ. | | I read it that the company he was subbing for moved to AZ. He's still here | in CA. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Most likely this is the business. Guard co, not alarm co. Nice website. Probably do nice installations, too. Hope someone has work their people can do...

Licensee Name: CHUAN SECURITY SERVICES License Type: Private Patrol Operator (Guard Operator) License Number: PPO-15095 License Status: CLEAR Expiration Date:April 30, 2008 Issue Date: April 28, 2004 City: 731 A Street, Hayward, CA 94541-3935 Telephone: (866) 904-4750 Business Owners:OLADEINDE, DADA OLATOMI Email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Website:

formatting link

I use solid wire wrote:

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.