Looking for good quality DVR computer capture card

Looking for good quality computer DVR capture card with these features:

Multi-level password access...make only certain cameras visible on monitor or search by password.

4 to 8 inputs + Software included Easy setup for IP viewing...static & dynamic and/or free website access Record on motion trip - software setup not pir
Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Geovision cards have all that, but I'm not totally sure about the p/w access for individual cams though.

For any card, use noip.com or dyndns.com for dynamic IP's and you'll always be able to reach the DVR.

Reply to
G. Morgan

This is a function of the software, not the card.

Vigil will do all of that. See

formatting link
- they primarily list turnkey systems, but the cards and software are available separately.

VideoInsight will do it as well, sort of... newer versions may have improved it, but as of v3.1, user-access control is available only on the client (whether the LAN client application or the web-based client).

formatting link
Both systems also support "hybrid" operation for recording both analog and IP cameras.

Vigil and VideoInsight both use (basically) the same ComArt-based capture hardware... main difference is, the software is encoded to recognize and only work with their own branded cards (so you can't use VideoInsight software with someone else's card). Other than that, the hardware is essentially the same.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Thanks guys.

Yes, I know it's a function of the software...but most software I've found is tied to the card. And, I've not found one yet that can p/w protect specific camera.

Tnx again,

r.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I found this doing a search of your post. :-)

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Dedicated Micros recorders are capable of user/password restricted viewing to certian cameras. Sorry. Its not a cheap solution.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've used these for a few years, seem to work okay

formatting link

Reply to
mleuck

Sometimes only on a superficial level. Vigil's software will work with a variety of different cards, as well as operating as a pure NVR for IP cameras with no capture hardware required.

I told you about two in my first reply.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.