Lets try something .... again.

I think it rather unique that this suggestion comes from me, but perhaps it's best that it does.

Rather than respond to all of the garbage that seems to be accumulating in that other thread, I thought I'd try something.

I did something similar to this many years ago and it didn't work out however .... you see before you the results of that failure. Maybe it's time has finally come.

It seems lately, that Robert has quelled his previously arrogant attitude and his overbearing pushing of his web site .... obviously due to his condition. He's apologized to a couple of people and seems to be limiting his replys to relevent posts. I don't know if this is a "new" Robert or if it's just a temporary lull in his arrogance, until he's feeling better.

However .....

I'd like to suggest that we call a ........

"ASA PEACE KEEPING AGREEMENT, SUMMIT MEETING"

Perhaps we can come to an agreement as to how each of us will act and react in the future in ASA. After all these years, of turmoil it would be nice to get the group on track. I have to say, that if there is any group of people who would have the experiece to know what NOT to do, to create chaos in a Newsgroup, it's got to be us. So, ...... it follows that perhaps we've garnered enough history and intelligence ( of lack of) to help us make this group function as it was originally intended to work.

Not to start out on the wrong foot, but it bears saying at least at this point, that since Robert and the promotion of his web site, and his arrogance is the root of ..... and has been at the core of most of the on-going disruption of the group, I would look upon him as THE key person, to come to the table to discuss what is going to take place in ASA, from here on out.

Have we gone to far to bring it back?

Do I hear any Yea's or Nay's ?

(Somebody please re-post this, just in case ......)

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Um...OK.

Reply to
alarman

Ummmm... Let's see. I'm going to put my reply in "nautical" terms because it fits so well.

The ship's left the dock and is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic... And you decide that *now* you wanna buy a ticket... OK... Fine by me... By the way, Robert's not the Captain so he can't decide where this ship is going or how fast it's going to get there. We also have a valid "chart" and if we all know the course we shouldn't have any trouble rowing in the same direction for a change. Except for Stevens and Leuck. They're troublemakers and should be made to walk the plank. And Tom the nimble fingered should keep time as long as he's not playing the bongos. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Your analysis is all wet. But I'll have some of whatever you're drinking. :-) RW

Reply to
Roger W

You're not turnin soft on me are ya? :-) RW

Reply to
Roger W

FWIW, I stopped replying to Jim's attacks a while back. If by the post quoted in your reply above he is indicating a willingness to stop, that is good. I'm not apologizing to Jim and I'm not asking him to do so either. He is free to believe that his actions are my fault if that makes him feel justified. I believe that I alone am responsible for my own actions and he alone is responsible for his. Whatever he chooses to believe or to say, I'm not interested in fighting with him or anyone else.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

cmon Robert, with Obama poised to take office and if you two could kiss and make up all would be right with the world again. that would warm the hackles of my heart and be a shining legacy for all the little diyers out there that yes they too can believe in change and good will triumph over evil. even if they might think it may be something akin to rocket science every now and then.

Reply to
Bob

FWIW, I think you *should* apologize to Jim. You've been just as cavalier in treating him as you have me, Graham, and a number of others to whom you actually *have* tendered apologizes. As to whose responsible for the state of this Newsgroup, I say we all are. And we all have the where-with-all to change things for the better.

On another note... I hope things are continuing to go well with you.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Since we are using nautical terms it's better a troublemaker than a rudderless dinghy like yourself

Reply to
mleuck

Weelllllll I guess I could answer that a few different ways ......... but for now let this suffice.

In the presences of intentional (ummmm let me be nice and say) defiance .... I'm a nice guy. I'm a nice guy. I'm a nice guy. (sigh) I'm a nice guy. I'm ...... a ...... nice ....... guy . I'M ........ A ......... NICE ....... GUY. Then ........... I'm not a nice guy ........ a n y m o r e.

In fact.... you wouldn't even recognize me. I get very big and turn green.

Reply to
Jim

I thinking approximately the same thing. I'm not sorry in the least and wouldn't apologize to you or anyone for what I've done here. The reasons are well known. In my book, you can only apologize for accidental happenings. What both of us did, was by far, no accident.

What I and I'm sure everyone else is interested in, .... is ..... along with your disinterest in fighting with me or anyone else ......... are you also interested in not doing the things that in the past have caused negative reactions?

Since your illness you've conservatively and resonably mentioned your web site when people have come here looking for help. You've said your piece in response to peoples questions and haven't made any comments or snide remarks about people or installers or made picyune corrections to anyone elses replys, as you were prone to do in the past. It would be nice to know that you intend to continue in this vein. As I'm sure you know, these are the things that you do that raise the hackels of people and it's quite obvious that if you don't act that way, things could be really nice here.

I thought that perhaps, in your present frame of mind, that it might be a good time to reason with you instead of continuing in "my" mode.

I would guess that with an affirmative answer from you and an honest effort to try to be just a plain old participant in a Newsgroup having to do with alarms, that we could just get on with answering questions for people who come here, kidding around a little, stay away from the politics and the religion matters. And MAINLY .....to try to be more considerate for the wellfair of the Newsgroup and it's continuence and propagation, rather than for personal gain. I KNOW that ..... if this were to be able to happen, that there's not a person here who would object to you "moderately" and "reservedly" mentioning your store and I'd bet that many would recommend it also. That, along with no related turmoil, I'm sure would be more conducive to business for you, than the conditions that have prevailed here for much too long.

I'm looking forward to your response as I'm sure, is everyone.

(some one please repost this, just in case)

Reply to
Jim

u two could kiss

Your heart has "hackles"????

Reply to
Jim

How would you know that?

Did you peek?

Reply to
Jim

Now it's MY turn.

Leave it alone with the "apologies" Frank.

It means nothing. What's done is done.

Fugitaboudit, has much more meaning than any "apology"

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
alarman

Your heart has "hackles"????

I'm not sure. it has something. the word escapes me. if only you and Robert would make nice whatever is in there would warm conmsiderably, I'm pretty sure.

Reply to
Bob

=EF=BF=BDif only you and

I've wanted to "make nice" years ago, on a few occasions. I know everyone here has wanted to do the same. It's Robert who's been the holdout. He can't seem to get over the "hump" of doing just what everyone else would like to do here. Just come and talk, be nice, crack some jokes, answer some questions, ask some questions and be peacable. He and Bob C, are the only ones who seem to have an agenda here. That's been the points of contention for years. If we could just implore Robert to keep doing what he's doing now, just lay back and take it easy, no push and shove to get to the head of the line .......... this could really be a nice place.

That's all it would take.

I've put myself in the path of Robert and have tried to make myself an example of what Robert has done to this group. Only because ... not objecting to his conduct and "ignoring" him is simply enabling him and condoning his conduct. And if it anyone who wants to participate in this Newsgroup, has to put up with his conduct just to keep the peace, why shouldn't they have to put up with someone else who disrupts the group? What I've done here is object to his conduct and his thwarting of what this group could be. In the last few weeks, I've noticed that I was the only one making waves here and that's never been my objective. I'm hoping that Robert will come to some agreement and at least keep his activities at the present level. I would like it alot if that would happen. I'm sure everyone else would be also.

Again, I hope Robert is of the mind to meet the challange of trying to make peace here.

Let's see what happens.

Reply to
Jim

Alright, already. I apologize.

It's been a bit rough lately but I'm hopeful for better days to come. Two weeks from tomorrow I'm going scuba diving for the first time. I just hope none of the critters down there try to get even with me for all the shark cartilage I've been taking. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Well ....... that's a good sign.

Now if your not blocking my posts, can we come to some agreement about how we're going to act and react in the future? I hope that you are of the mind to end all of this BS ...... and perhaps we can finally get on with what this group of well intentioned, established, handsome, brilliant group of people can really do with cooperation instead of conflict.

Ummm .... I just noticed ..... you don't fit into one of those categories but I'll let you guess which one.

Reply to
Jim

What's the middle part again??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.