Kidde Nighthawk CO Detector: Why Single Beep Every Day ?

Hello:

Have a new Kidde Nighthawk plug-in CO detector (Model 900-0076 AC) for house. Seems to work fine, but -

About every other day or so, it gives a single beep. Never more than one beep, and never more than once a day.

Replaced the backup battery with a brand new one. The unit is plugged into the wall socket, so is working off of the AC, normally. The outlet is relatively close to floor. Floor has a rug.

Any idea why this single beep may be occuring ? Might it be dust from the rug ?

Is it systamatic for these types of gadgets ?

No big deal, but certainly annoying and disconcerting.

Any thoughts on would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11
Loading thread data ...

Contact Kidde at (800) 880-6788

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

YEP...hard to tell where those high-freq beeps are coming from...had a lady totally irate the "my" smoke detectors were beeping (they're always MINE when they make noise) insisted I come out even though we didn't install smokes in her house...so I drove 40 miles to prove to her it was something else...yep...it sure was...it was her pillbox alarm in her purse. Here's your sign lady.

| > Have a new Kidde Nighthawk plug-in CO detector (Model 900-0076 AC) for | > house. | > Seems to work fine, but - | >

| > About every other day or so, it gives a single beep. | > Never more than one beep, and never more than once a day. | >

| > Replaced the backup battery with a brand new one. | > The unit is plugged into the wall socket, so is working off of the AC, | > normally. | > The outlet is relatively close to floor. Floor has a rug. | >

| > Any idea why this single beep may be occuring ? Might it be dust from | > the rug ? | >

| > Is it systamatic for these types of gadgets ? | >

| > No big deal, but certainly annoying and disconcerting. | >

| > Any thoughts on would be appreciated. | >

| > Thanks, | > Bob | | | A customer of mine had a similar experience. He'd moved into a new house | and wouldn't you know... every now and then a faint "beep" could be heard. | He thought it was the system smokes. Nope... AC smokes... Nope... It | turned out to be a battery operated smoke alarm. Where do you think we | found it?? On top of the hot water tank. | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

A customer of mine had a similar experience. He'd moved into a new house and wouldn't you know... every now and then a faint "beep" could be heard. He thought it was the system smokes. Nope... AC smokes... Nope... It turned out to be a battery operated smoke alarm. Where do you think we found it?? On top of the hot water tank.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.