keyless entry module Ford Econoline

hi,

would appreciate a clue :)

can someone point me to the physical location of the factory keyless entry system control module on my 2006 Econoline Van (lowtop conversion package)

thanks in advance

Pj

Reply to
Ventura
Loading thread data ...

FYI update

as I suspected, all the wiring to do a nice Mobile Alarm install was in fact right there in the wiring harness at the location of the keyless entry module

it took me a month to locate the dang thing, taking panels off the van one by one.

I went to 5 professional installers, and 2 Ford dealers, who all told me there was no actual module, that it was integrated into the harness, that it could not be disabled. The installers refused to remove and replace, insisting the only way they would install was leaving the old system active, and installing a new system near the steering column. (i offered all 5 the job, but insisted they had to do a true R&R... they all refused)

bullshit... so i did it myself... and i was right

the module is located above the fuel line reset switch on the passenger side

the module unplugs, and disabling the keyless section is obvious... slide the circuit board out of the plastic housing, snip the dipole aluminum antenna off, snip the tuning coil off the small circuit board and put it back in place, plug it back in. (the relays for the door locks are also in the module, so you need to leave that section working)

removing the lower knee panel facing the passenger seat, there is plenty of room to locate a new control module. I used an Omega. Schock, door Piezo, Hood, vacuum sensor, and a small radar.

there is also a physical cutoff keyswitch added inline on the fuel power line, so during long periods of storage, the van is also further protected from theft (can't start it if it won't pump any gas)

now my van AND it's contents are protected, and a crook with a set of Ford codes can't bypass the new alarm system.

I do thank the few folks who gave me a clue or 2, but i also feel it is kind of sad that Mobile Alarm installers are of such narrow focused "one install fits all" mentality, and refusing to listen that it's not so much the VAN i want to protect, but it's COntents... hence i could not accept allowing the old keyless entry module to be left active.

Ciao

Ventura

Reply to
Ventura

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.