Karizma Plus and Vocaliser

Look like I have been hit by lightening on both of the above products. The Karizma has been defaulted but I keep getting low battery on the display. I have checked the battery voltage and the voltage coming from the panel. Both say 12v. Anyone know which component has gone in the panel? Also the vocaliser has been hit too. The unit is powering up but has no voice prompt. I have had a few of these now do exactly the sameon my customers sites. Any ideas again? I would like to repair it if I could find a curcuit diagram, otherwise it wil all have to go in the bin.

Flump

Reply to
Flump
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
alarm man

Hi, yes I managed to get it going. Looks like the vocaliser was pulling the alarm panel down. It kept showing low battery until I disconnected the vocaliser. Had it on test and all seems to be well now. It has taken the vocaliser out though. I spoke to Pyronix today and they told me which 5v regulator that get blown, so I am going to try and replace the part and see if I can repair it. I have thrown a few of these away thinking they are unrepairable. It seems such a waste.

Flump

Reply to
Flump

On the subject of the K+ have you had any LINE SHRT messages in the last year or so. We have and disconnecting the ID Line and Re-connecting it clears the fault. I am wondering if these new ID Chips are not as good as the old ones.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Must admit, no I haven't but I haven't put any Karizmas in for a while. I have used the new type buscuits on a TS690ID and at present, no faults.

Flump

Reply to
Flump

Are you guys talking about alarms or food?

-G

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.