Just landed a nice job

I got a call from a builder that I've done some homes ( including his) for alarms, audio, video etc. He told me that a builder friend of his was build ing a home and was looking for someone to do some work and he recommended m e.

Well, it turns out that they're building their retirement home and want eve rything that they're going to need for the rest of their lives.

I'm doing everything........ alarm glass break and PIR's all doors and wind ows,and smoke detection. Landline and Cellular communication to central wit h remote arming and text status notification. CCTV Using HD cameras and DVR with remote capability, Monitor for the CCTV to some of the TV's in the ho use. Whole house and outdoor audio using Sonos. Most rooms with ceiling spe akers and volume controls, Install 7 TV's including mounting, and hookup in cluding Sonos soundbars on two TV's. IR extenders to all hidden components. Internet throughout, and to all TV's and wireless extenders to all areas o f the house. Telephone only to a couple of rooms.

Not that big a house. Maybe about 5000 square feet but it's up on a bluff, overlooking the water. And the main feature is .... it's got an elevator fr om the garage (under the house) to the first floor. Which I really don't ge t. If it's a retirement home I'd think they'd want the elevator to go to bo th the first AND second floor. I guess they think that they're going to die before they reach the point that they can't climb the stairs to go to bed.

Right now the bill is sitting around $14,000.00. with the labor for the TV installations quoted by the hour. With brackets and setup and remote progra mming ... that could be another $2/3/4K ... They handed me a $6500.00 start er check without blinking an eye. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those .... Oh ..... by the way .... do you think you could add ..... ?

Just finished the pre-wire. 5 days by myself. Not to shabby!

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

r alarms, audio, video etc. He told me that a builder friend of his was bui lding a home and was looking for someone to do some work and he recommended me.

verything that they're going to need for the rest of their lives.

ndows,and smoke detection. Landline and Cellular communication to central w ith remote arming and text status notification. CCTV Using HD cameras and D VR with remote capability, Monitor for the CCTV to some of the TV's in the house. Whole house and outdoor audio using Sonos. Most rooms with ceiling s peakers and volume controls, Install 7 TV's including mounting, and hookup including Sonos soundbars on two TV's. IR extenders to all hidden component s. Internet throughout, and to all TV's and wireless extenders to all areas of the house. Telephone only to a couple of rooms.

, overlooking the water. And the main feature is .... it's got an elevator from the garage (under the house) to the first floor. Which I really don't get. If it's a retirement home I'd think they'd want the elevator to go to both the first AND second floor. I guess they think that they're going to d ie before they reach the point that they can't climb the stairs to go to be d.

V installations quoted by the hour. With brackets and setup and remote prog ramming ... that could be another $2/3/4K ... They handed me a $6500.00 sta rter check without blinking an eye. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those .... Oh ..... by the way .... do you think you could add ..... ?

hopefully they do not run out of money on job half way thru and start those games

Reply to
NickMark

Nice! You may want to ohm out your wiring after the sheet rock. I can't count the number of times I've been screwed by the sheetrockers or even insulators.

Reply to
G. Morgan

for alarms, audio, video etc. He told me that a builder friend of his was b uilding a home and was looking for someone to do some work and he recommend ed me.

everything that they're going to need for the rest of their lives.

windows,and smoke detection. Landline and Cellular communication to central with remote arming and text status notification. CCTV Using HD cameras and DVR with remote capability, Monitor for the CCTV to some of the TV's in th e house. Whole house and outdoor audio using Sonos. Most rooms with ceiling speakers and volume controls, Install 7 TV's including mounting, and hooku p including Sonos soundbars on two TV's. IR extenders to all hidden compone nts. Internet throughout, and to all TV's and wireless extenders to all are as of the house. Telephone only to a couple of rooms.

ff, overlooking the water. And the main feature is .... it's got an elevato r from the garage (under the house) to the first floor. Which I really don' t get. If it's a retirement home I'd think they'd want the elevator to go t o both the first AND second floor. I guess they think that they're going to die before they reach the point that they can't climb the stairs to go to bed.

TV installations quoted by the hour. With brackets and setup and remote pr ogramming ... that could be another $2/3/4K ... They handed me a $6500.00 s tarter check without blinking an eye. I have a feeling it's going to be on e of those .... Oh ..... by the way .... do you think you could add ..... ?

Well, I'm thinkin not. Seems they just sold their "Estate" (Ahem!) and are downsizing for retirement. (Well exccccuuuuuse ME!)

Reply to
Jim

or alarms, audio, video etc. He told me that a builder friend of his was bu ilding a home and was looking for someone to do some work and he recommende d me.

everything that they're going to need for the rest of their lives.

indows,and smoke detection. Landline and Cellular communication to central with remote arming and text status notification. CCTV Using HD cameras and DVR with remote capability, Monitor for the CCTV to some of the TV's in the house. Whole house and outdoor audio using Sonos. Most rooms with ceiling speakers and volume controls, Install 7 TV's including mounting, and hookup including Sonos soundbars on two TV's. IR extenders to all hidden componen ts. Internet throughout, and to all TV's and wireless extenders to all area s of the house. Telephone only to a couple of rooms.

f, overlooking the water. And the main feature is .... it's got an elevator from the garage (under the house) to the first floor. Which I really don't get. If it's a retirement home I'd think they'd want the elevator to go to both the first AND second floor. I guess they think that they're going to die before they reach the point that they can't climb the stairs to go to b ed.

TV installations quoted by the hour. With brackets and setup and remote pro gramming ... that could be another $2/3/4K ... They handed me a $6500.00 st arter check without blinking an eye. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those .... Oh ..... by the way .... do you think you could add ..... ?

They have instructions to call me as soon as the drywall is up.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.