Just a suggestion

Nobody get their undies in a wad, but why don't you guys trim the superfluous text from your replies. The messages just get bigger and bigger.

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

Nyah! You can't make me. So there!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

.... and top post so you don't have to scroll down to the bottom of the message....

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Top posting is for fools and losers

Reply to
John J

K...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Why do you say that?

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Rats. js

Reply to
alarman

Doug wrote

That's better. js

Reply to
alarman

Beacuse we read from top to bottom, also its been the standard for many years, well before MS got into the market.

formatting link

Reply to
John J

Most of us are able to know what the message is in reply too. Should we forget or need to clarify, then you can look below at the original question. I guess it would be better if the responder snipped most of the extra text from the reply, but having to go through 4 or 5 screens to get to the answer is a huge waste of time.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Standards change, when more people are top posting than bottom posting, then it will become the de facto standard, no matter what the purists may say.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I can accept your argument. My main challenge was why you would say, "Top posting is for fools and losers". I don't think there are many of these participating in the NG. Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Considering the amount of garbage in this newsgroup, I hardly that it makes much difference whether one top or bottom posts.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Lets see McGinn decode that one!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Mike, Frank, the list goes on...

Reply to
John J

Speak for yourself.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I am with you too on this one ;-)

"Russell Brill" a écrit dans le message de news: p1Klg.8240$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Pierre

"alarman" a écrit dans le message de news: NjLlg.104806$iU2.23738@fed1read01...

yup real nice!

Reply to
Pierre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.