ISO new DVR for my old wired cameras

hello,

I have been running a JPEG DVR with 4 wired cameras for the last few years.

I use it to view activity around my house from work.

The viewing program is a very small program that ran without fully installing on my work PC.

We just upgraded to Window 7 at work, and I can=92t run the program anymore.

I=92d like to replace the DVR with a new one that will connection to my old cameras (standard connections) and will stream the video to the web (no viewing software required).

Can anyone suggest a new DVR that can do this?

Thanks

Reply to
Name Classified
Loading thread data ...

You might be able to use your existing program if you ( or have someone ) set up a virtual Windows XP (or whatever) OS you were using before ..... on your new computer.

How much are you willing to spend on a DVR? Although there are very inexpensive DVR's available I usually spend $600.00 on up. That's dealer pricing. End user pays about $900.00 with installation, networking and setup. I see units out there selling for $250.00 or so. Size of HD in the DVR is a pricing factor also. You might have to pay a little more now while the HD industry catches up with production after the floods in Tiwan. They say prices will be back down by Spring.

Reply to
Jim

formatting link

Use an encoder to convert the analog into IP or digital. Plenty of free software out there to run on your computer for a limited number of cameras like you seem to have.

formatting link
Learn more here.

formatting link

I have been running a JPEG DVR with 4 wired cameras for the last few years.

I use it to view activity around my house from work.

The viewing program is a very small program that ran without fully installing on my work PC.

We just upgraded to Window 7 at work, and I can?t run the program anymore.

I?d like to replace the DVR with a new one that will connection to my old cameras (standard connections) and will stream the video to the web (no viewing software required).

Can anyone suggest a new DVR that can do this?

Thanks

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.