ISC East experience

Well gents it was beyond a shadow of a doubt the most low class exhibit I have ever attended. It looked like they were handing out bowls of soup and show passes to people on the street. Reed didn't publish a book this year it was a fold up map. No Monitronics. No Rapid Response. No Smith & Wesson. No Emergency24. No Mace. Heck even the CCTV companies were few and far between. It looked like what you would see on an episode of American Pickers visiting the Rojas house. What a complete waste of time for dealers that attended to visit with decent suppliers. Three vendors caught my attention and that was it. Uplink, DSC, and this guy

formatting link
show worked for me because I met with the people I was scheduled to meet with, and walked away with the deal I was looking for but to Joe Dealer he would have been better off staying home and putzing around on Google.

Tom

formatting link

Reply to
Tom
Loading thread data ...

They held ESX in Pittsburgh and I did not bother going even though i live here. first they wanted $50.00 to attend for what? well eventually they gave out free passes but then they had the exhibit shows from 2-5 instead of in the evening when guys can take off and attend events. And then the organizers stand around and wonder why no one showed. Local distributors I buy thru where totally disgusted by the whole deal.

Its the same with almost all shows you go to be it fire/ ems etc. no one wants to do anything to accommodate working schedules and the displays are pitiful and dull.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I got there around 11:00 am, went to about a dozen dispalys, was done by 4:00PM including a $11.00 sandwich and a $3.50 bottle of Coke and schmoozing with the rest of the old timers still hanging on to the days of yesteryear.

The one company that impressed me was the same one you mentioned,

formatting link
product. really good for wireless takeovers. Other than that, stopped at the tool places, picked up a few little screwdrivers, and looked for a guy with ashes on his lapel.

Then, I went to dinner at La Grenouille and a Broadway show and stayed in NYC over nite.. That, alone made the trip worth it.

Reply to
Jim

Monitronics was there but had no booth, they save that for Vegas

Reply to
mleuck

BTW Resolution Products makes some amazing stuff

Reply to
mleuck

That company appears to be full of old ITI guys, GE re-brands one of their hardwire to wireless translators and so far it's worked very well, I'm working on getting one that does Honeywell

Reply to
mleuck

Yeh I thought so too.

I just thought of another product that I think has a future is Turnkey TV

Take a look

formatting link

Good idea, takes the pressure off trying to train the end user in how to use his DVR.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.