IR mirror with Crow IR beam

Has anyone had any success using the Crow IR photobeam with an IR mirror between the pair of transmitters? It's problematic getting power to the other side of span, and using an IR mirror on the far side would be helpful. I can mount the two Crow units 12' apart so interference should not be a problem.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

i have used photobeams 65 feet xmiter to mirror then 65 feet back to reciever.. but you gota have the thing spot on or it won't work. I used a Q-beam spot light to align the mirror.. black out the room as best you can, then place the Q-beam aiming for the mirror, then adjust the mirror to put a spot where you want the receiver to go. then lock the mirror down, go to the spot and mark it for the receiver.. then mount the transmitter and receiver and adjust the light and photocell toward the mirror.. usually it works first time for me..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Thanks. What did you use for a mirror? Normal back-coated piece of glass? Other than the high-end specialty equipment, I can't find an affordable IR mirror for sale on the net. I think Edmund Scientific used to sell front-coated mirrors for laser projects. Are they still in business?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

the mirror was an old style photo beam rig that ADT had been using.. not sure of the manufacturer (DS maybe or Arrowhead) but it was 6 inches in oval shape with a 3 way locking adjustment axis.. looked like a standard glass mirror, but was glued into a metal solid back frame.

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

On Feb 25, 9:14=EF=BF=BDpm, "Christopher Glaeser" wrote= :

ed piece of glass?

Although a regular mirror cuts down considerably on the distance .... you can use them.

If the Photo beam comes in a "long distance" model, get that one to compensate.

Years ( and years and years) ago. we'd sometimes use two or three mirrors. Back then it took a long time to set them up and they were always being knocked out of alignment. Back then they used 12 volt automobile light bulbs as the light source. I think it was the Ademco

1200 and 1300 photo beams. Needed a car battery for standby.
Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.