Intellisense FG-730 on Napco P3200

Hello, I have installed a FG-730 on Napco p3200 with the following parameters NC loop with default 750ms response. programmed zone as 24 hr zone did not connect any wires to the tamper terminal

Everything was looking fine until I tested that glassbreak sensor with C&K simulator. The alarm went off as expected but after I disarmed the system, the panel was still in alarm condition on the glassbreak zone. The keypad displayed as system ready but the siren still went off. Not sure what is going here. Could it be bad FG-730 or I did not program the panel correctly? I tried to change the zone type to a normal burg zone (not 24 hr) then it was ok.

Thank you for your help

Reply to
t nguyen
Loading thread data ...

I can't imagine what else you might think a 24 hour zone is ..... other than ...... a zone that will go into alarm 24 hours a day.

A 24 hour zone, means just that ................ The system will go into an alarm condition, 24 hours a day whether the system is armed or not.

(Note: to ASA) See new thread on RSQ's

Reply to
Jim

The FG-730 is a very good GBD in my opinion. GBDs should be on a non-24 hour burg zone. If it's a residential system, especially with pets or kids, then make it an interior zone, if the GBD is anywhere near a keypad then an interior follower zone might be best.

Reply to
Roland More

You may check--some glass breaks (most) can be set to latch or not latch. If it is you will need to reconfigure or hook it up to resettable VDC on panel.

Cheers,

Bill

Reply to
jewellfish

Reply to
t nguyen

?????????????

Reply to
Disco

No matter how hard anyone tries to be smart when posting here, in the end no one regularly posting on ASA is smart. So you're right, not trying to be smart would be the best approach. But it's hard for some not to try and pretend to be smart. Anyway, it makes for more interesting reading when someone does try and occasionally even succeeds.

Reply to
Just Looking

Well, keep at it. You might just get there someday. js

Reply to
shotgun boogie

well I'll have u know that besides that little dyslexia problem, I am one fart smeller.

Reply to
Disco

In a like response you gave to me about the *** "you all", "We're all"

*** useage.

I do believe there's a language issue in his reply.

I'm sure, if he were familiar with the colloquialism....... instead of using "smart" he would have used the term "smart-ass". which obviously has a whole other meaning and also, if substituted in your reply to him, would markedly change it's meaning.

Reply to
Jim

It's been mentioned here before, but if you haven't heard it .......

Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac that sits up all night pondering the existance of Dog?

Reply to
Jim

Ok.

I'll just wait for you to tell me where I was wrong or for someone who's smarter, to give you the correct answer to your question.

If you program the system to make a zone a 24hour zone, it's going to go into an alarm condition when ever the zone is tripped .... TWENTY FOUR HOURS A DAY.

If you program it for a normal burglary zone. It will go into alarm condition when the zone is tripped ONLY WHEN THE SYSTEM IS ARMED.

If you don't think that is correct ....maybe you'd like to explain why it worked correctly when you programed the zone as a normal burglary zone(?)

Maybe you'd also like to explain why, if I "do not know anything about alarm systems", no one else here has corrected my answer?

Believe me when I say ............ if I were wrong, there'd be 25 people telling it here for the next ten years.

Reply to
Jim

Probably more than 25...

Reply to
Crash Gordon

the fg-730 is latchable

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He doesn't but he's very talented at swearing. :^)

1. Don't worry about latching. The FG-730's relay does not latch. Only the LED stays on when the detector is set for latching.
  2. Do reprogram the zone as either Interior or Perimeter rather than
24-Hour.

1. If you have trouble programming the Napco unit give me a call. I'll walk you through the software. If you're programming by keypad, stop. Get the software and buy a PCI-MINI or PCI-MINI-USB. I sell both models as do numerous other online merchants. Regardless where you get the interface, I'll be happy to assist you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Someone once told me about a dyslexic, insomniac agnostic who stayed up all night wondering if there really is a dog.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Get Smart? Not a chance in Hell. Let's see.

1) Work's in the alarm industry 2) Posts on ASA 3) Got married >> No matter how hard anyone tries to be smart when posting here, in the
Reply to
Roland More

Reply to
Roland More

Just say it once and then post it 25 times.

Reply to
Roland More

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Make that 20 years...and if you have the luxury to say anything bad about a Jew,leuck will throw it back at you every time you post..;-)

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.