installing new keupad for Ademco security system

------------------------------------- . / V\ / ` / < < | / | / | / | / \ \ / ( ) | | ________| _/_ | | < _________\______)\__)

I have to replace a 6127 Keypad with a newer one - ademco 6148. If I power down the system by unplugging the power source and disconnecting the battery, can I simply replace the keyboard without having to reprogram everything?

Your experienced suggestions are needed before I screw things up.

Reply to
goldenbulldog
Loading thread data ...

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to set the keypad address to make it work. Read your manual! :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Yes you can. Read the manual about setting the keypad address if you have more than one. Otherwise, it should work right out of the box.

WTF is up with the ASCII dog?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Is your clock set right? If so, it took an hour for your post to show up. ;(

Reply to
G. Morgan

Depending on panel you need to set address at 31 as it comes out of box older panels or 16,17 etc for vista plus series and 00-08 for higher end vista 32 and up. Of course if you bothered to read panels instructions you would have known this.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Why are you telling me that? I just asked Frank if his clock was set correctly.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'm running Lord British's Windows 7 Ultima edition. The swamp rats have the ability to slow down time. And the Orcish keyboard can be a challenge at times. The spikes tend to make typing difficult.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Dammit ....use the Ring! Use the Ring! Use my Precious!

Signed: Gollum.

Reply to
Jim

Iolo lost it. That's the last time I'll ever team up with a bard.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

If he's got that old of a keypad it's likely he won't have to address it at all

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.