Installer code lockout after power-down on ADEMCO 50P

Hi,

A few years back I did a DIY install of an Ademco 50P.

In the process of adding new devices this morning I got lost in the programing menu and cound not back out, so I powered down the panel (disconnected the power and batteries for about 30 seconds) then powered it back up.

The panel came back up as ready to arm, but would no longer accept the instaler code to enter the programming mode, arm the system, or anything else - I can arm and disarm the system via a user code, it reports fault conditions and all the changes I made prior to the power-down seem to be in effect, it just does not respond in any way I can discover to the instaler code.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
mthomas
Loading thread data ...

Yikes. This does not sound good. If you've lost the installer code, yer phucked. That is job one... try and enter programming with installer code you used before and any other permutations you can think of, what were you doing at the time? somehow you've changed the installer code methinks.

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I seem to remember reading somewhere in the 50P manuals (can't find it again) that there was some way to program the system so that the installer ID was disabled for security (so they could not arm/disarm with their code) and I wonder if this is what I somehow did...

Reply to
mthomas

May not work on the 50P but within 30 seconds of power up press and hold the

1 - 3 keys and it may put you in programming.

Reply to
ABLE_1

Is that the 1 & 3 keys, or teh 1, 2 & 3 keys?

Reply to
mthomas

1> Power system down (wait 1 min. or so) 2> Power system up 3> within 50 secs. goto keypad and hold down "*" & "#" 4> you should be in programming now, goto *20 enter your *new* installer code hit * , then *99 to exit programming
Reply to
G. Morgan

Hum... 1 + 2 + 3 got me to a "CON ADD" prompt once... can't find that in the manual... and I could not get it to happen again... grrrrrr....

Reply to
mthomas
*20 sets up a voice module mode, but *00 took me to the installer code, I reentered it, and everything is back to normal. THANKS!
Reply to
mthomas

You're welcome. Usually the IC is in section 20 on the Vista panels, sorry about that. Glad you got it working.

Reply to
G. Morgan

with in 30 seconds after power up hit * and # keys to bring up programming if you exit use *99 if you use *98 the only way you can get back in is to power down and *and #

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Well it would seem that my brain has lost some neurons. Duhhhhhhhhh

Not 1 & 3 but * & # as the others have said.

There are days it is best to stay in bed with the side rails up.

Reply to
ABLE_1

I seriously would think about getting someone out there who knows what he's doing

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Agreed. Sounds like he's at rsik of having a non-functional and/or non-communicating control very soon. Hope he knows to test EVERY SINGLE possible signal that thing could send...

"Hello. Central Station."

"Yes- we came home from vacation and everything we owned was gone ! Grafitti everywhere ! Our home is ruined ! We armed the system before we left, but when we came back it was dead."

"No signal received here, sir. Are any of your digital clocks flashing?"

"Yes- they're all flashing. How did you know that?"

"We had a big storm roll through our area, and power was out to over 50,000 homes. Your system should have sent an A/C loss signal, then a low battery signal later on during a power failure. Have you changed any programming, sir?"

"Umm, well...I added a few things and changed the program for that, but, No, I didn't change anything else."

"Did you test the system after changing the programming, sir?"

"Oh yes- I sent the zone 4 signal in just fine. They also got a zone 34, which I don't have, but that doesn't matter...does it?"

"I think we need to send a service tech out to check your system, sir. Will someone be home on Tuesday?"

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

You were fine until the "I was in programming" part which they usually don't mention :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Left out the attorney part too.

| >

| > "Hello. Central Station." | >

| > "Yes- we came home from vacation and everything we owned was gone ! | Grafitti | > everywhere ! Our home is ruined ! We armed the system before we left, but | > when we came back it was dead." | >

| > "No signal received here, sir. Are any of your digital clocks flashing?" | >

| > "Yes- they're all flashing. How did you know that?" | >

| > "We had a big storm roll through our area, and power was out to over | 50,000 | > homes. Your system should have sent an A/C loss signal, then a low battery | > signal later on during a power failure. Have you changed any programming, | > sir?" | >

| > "Umm, well...I added a few things and changed the program for that, but, | No, | > I didn't change anything else." | >

| > "Did you test the system after changing the programming, sir?" | >

| > "Oh yes- I sent the zone 4 signal in just fine. They also got a zone 34, | > which I don't have, but that doesn't matter...does it?" | >

| > "I think we need to send a service tech out to check your system, sir. | Will | > someone be home on Tuesday?" | >

| >

| >

| > >

| > >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And the bitching between the "We'll send out a tech" and the attorney part

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.