Installation/Upgrade info needed for Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other information for the following alarm system:

Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors. Please be considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive information.

This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit board.

Reply to
awetrwerewr
Loading thread data ...

Most professionals here would be reluctant to give you such information particularly as it appears that you may still be under contract to ADT. The Safewatch Pro is an Ademco Panel that's been slightly modified for use exclusively by ADT. You will need a full alpha keypad (6139 or

6160) to program they system. You will have to assign the keypad an address (not currently in use by the other keypads on the system), and enroll the keypad into the system (in other words, tell the unit that it's there). As to the specific manual, you'll have to find out what the equivalent Ademco Panel is. Even when you do, some of the address fields may be different. I doubt any ADT techs would even consider giving you a manual.
Reply to
Frank Olson

By saying you are stuck with it I assume you are still under contract with ADT which also means that you shouldn't even be screwing with the system

Reply to
Mark Leuck
35 bucks is cheap - have ADT do it.

You'll spend more time trying to make it work, void your warrantee with ADT and then what? ADT gets some weird signal because you have been mucking around in t he programming and they dispatch or don't dispatch? Who's fault?

You went with ADT because they're original price was inexpense right?...well now you get to pay the going rate.

And as you will discover there's more to it than "simply connecting to the circuit board".

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It might not be a matter of just connecting the wire to the panel but some programming as well. If they are only charging you $35 to do it that is a bargain. Most service calls around here are $75 per hour (local only). There is a trip charge if out of area service.

Reply to
Roland More

No, not $35 total. I'd grab that in a second. These people want $35 for each and every window AND each and every door. I have maybe 35 doors and windows hard wired already. I am not paying these thieves $1225 to do what will take under one hour. Plus hundrds for keypads I've found for $50. They saw this when they installed it and ADT salesman said it isn't a problems for me to do it myself. By he failed to tell me they will not provide info. I didn't know ADT was so dishonest and such overpriced scammers. I thought I found one of the best. They have a lot of problems ahead of them from me,...A hell of a lot if ADT thinks they are going to scam me this way.

Certainly someone has a diagram, install manual, or just knows enough about there to assist? Greatly appreciated....

Reply to
adv

Frank you appear knowledgeable. Any idea how to find if there is an equivalent. I must say, the salesmen was aware of the 35 doors and windows I had prewired. I see now he figured I'd be locked into ADT and have no choice but to pay them $1200 to connect the doors and windows, plus keyboards. $35 to connect two wires. Common, that's past flat-out ripping you off.

--thanks frank

Reply to
adv

What do you mean...35 doors/windows and only two wires to hook up? Does that mean you have 17.5 doors and windows on each wire? Did you put the switches on already?

| > > Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT | >

| > > I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on | > > installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional | > > door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors. Please be | > > considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive | > > information. | >

| > > This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am | > > stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors | > > I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit | > > board. | >

| > Most professionals here would be reluctant to give you such information | > particularly as it appears that you may still be under contract to ADT. | > The Safewatch Pro is an Ademco Panel that's been slightly modified for | > use exclusively by ADT. You will need a full alpha keypad (6139 or | > 6160) to program they system. You will have to assign the keypad an | > address (not currently in use by the other keypads on the system), and | > enroll the keypad into the system (in other words, tell the unit that | > it's there). As to the specific manual, you'll have to find out what | > the equivalent Ademco Panel is. Even when you do, some of the address | > fields may be different. I doubt any ADT techs would even consider | > giving you a manual.- Hide quoted text - | >

| > - Show quoted text - | | | | Frank you appear knowledgeable. Any idea how to find if there is an | equivalent. I must say, the salesmen was aware of the 35 doors and | windows I had prewired. I see now he figured I'd be locked into ADT | and have no choice but to pay them $1200 to connect the doors and | windows, plus keyboards. $35 to connect two wires. Common, that's past | flat-out ripping you off. | | | --thanks frank | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You think it'll take only an hour huh? Have you ever installed 35 door/window switches...especially if they've been prewired by someone who doesn't install alarms everyday? It could easily take all day to put all those switches on if you didn't prewire it correctly.

BTW...that's half their normal price...they normally charge 70 bucks per opening.

It's just business. Do you own a business? Do you work for peanuts?...probably not.

| >

| >

| > > I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other information | > > for the following alarm system: | >

| > > Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT | >

| > > I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on | > > installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional | > > door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors. Please be | > > considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive | > > information. | >

| > > This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am | > > stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors | > > I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit | > > board.- Hide quoted text - | >

| > - Show quoted text - | | | | No, not $35 total. I'd grab that in a second. These people want $35 | for each and every window AND each and every door. I have maybe 35 | doors and windows hard wired already. I am not paying these thieves | $1225 to do what will take under one hour. Plus hundrds for keypads | I've found for $50. They saw this when they installed it and ADT | salesman said it isn't a problems for me to do it myself. By he failed | to tell me they will not provide info. I didn't know ADT was so | dishonest and such overpriced scammers. I thought I found one of the | best. They have a lot of problems ahead of them from me,...A hell of a | lot if ADT thinks they are going to scam me this way. | | Certainly someone has a diagram, install manual, or just knows enough | about there to assist? Greatly appreciated.... | | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Buggs

and some poor mook installer will try to install his switches with wires coming out of 1/4" holes in imported hardwood window frames...hmmm that should take only 3 minutes.

damn...it takes 30-40 minutes just to get out of the truck, get organized and get rolling. NOTHING takes an hour.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yea, just what I want to spend my time on. Hooking up some DIY's "pre-wire" to my control. For what, $50? This guy is probably a network "engineer" or software "engineer". I can smell 'em, I tell ya. js

Reply to
Buggs

Here's the facts:

1. 35$ each is not bad

1. they could also charge you a service call 75$ or more

2. it's quite a bit more than hooking up "two wires"

wiring, testing, programming, finding all the bugs that always creep in

1. At a guess you got the typical ADT deal.they expect to make their money from monitoring your system. that's why you get the "discount deal"

1. If you want more zones, they charge like they are doing a new deal with out the discount deal.

2. with that many new zones there should be zone expaznders added to your system also. guess what? they cost money too.

You got took in by something that was too good to be true. now you have to acept their deal or live with what you have. Or buy out your contract. guess how much that will cost.

Reply to
Tommy

Reply to
Just Looking

Kinda like going to a dentist to have him put in crowns you had made down in some clip joint in Tijuana.

| > >

| > >

| > > > I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other information | > > > for the following alarm system: | > >

| > > > Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT | > >

| > > > I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on | > > > installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional | > > > door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors. Please be | > > > considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive | > > > information. | > >

| > > > This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am | > > > stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors | > > > I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit | > > > board.- Hide quoted text - | > >

| > > - Show quoted text - | >

| >

| >

| > No, not $35 total. I'd grab that in a second. These people want $35 | > for each and every window AND each and every door. I have maybe 35 | > doors and windows hard wired already. I am not paying these thieves | > $1225 to do what will take under one hour. Plus hundrds for keypads | > I've found for $50. They saw this when they installed it and ADT | > salesman said it isn't a problems for me to do it myself. By he failed | > to tell me they will not provide info. I didn't know ADT was so | > dishonest and such overpriced scammers. I thought I found one of the | > best. They have a lot of problems ahead of them from me,...A hell of a | > lot if ADT thinks they are going to scam me this way. | >

| > Certainly someone has a diagram, install manual, or just knows enough | > about there to assist? Greatly appreciated.... | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Odd coincidence. I had a lot of dental work done in Brazil -- 13 crowns and 2 implants in the upper jaw plus porcelain fillings to replace lots of old-style ones in my lowers. Anyway, one of the crowns came loose (note to self: never eat Tootsie Rolls again). I took it to my Sarasota dentist and not only did he reattach it for free. He admired the Brazilian lab work. Said it was some of the best he'd ever seen.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

oh but wait...we kinda glossed over; "35 doors/windows and TWO wires to hook up". That kinda insinuates all the doors are looped and all the windows are looped...nice!

good luck tshooting that one

| > damn...it takes 30-40 minutes just to get out of the truck, get organized | > and get rolling. NOTHING takes an hour. | >

| > -- | >

| > Rob Giordano | > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >> > I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other | > information | > | >> > for the following alarm system: | > | >>

| > | >> > Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT | > | >>

| > | >> > I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on | > | >> > installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as | > additional | > | >> > door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors. Please be | > | >> > considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive | > | >> > information. | > | >>

| > | >> > This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I | > am | > | >> > stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window | > sensors | > | >> > I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit | > | >> > board.- Hide quoted text - | > | >>

| > | >> - Show quoted text - | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > No, not $35 total. I'd grab that in a second. These people want $35 | > | > for each and every window AND each and every door. I have maybe 35 | > | > doors and windows hard wired already. I am not paying these thieves | > | > $1225 to do what will take under one hour. Plus hundrds for keypads | > | > I've found for $50. They saw this when they installed it and ADT | > | > salesman said it isn't a problems for me to do it myself. By he failed | > | > to tell me they will not provide info. I didn't know ADT was so | > | > dishonest and such overpriced scammers. I thought I found one of the | > | > best. They have a lot of problems ahead of them from me,...A hell of a | > | > lot if ADT thinks they are going to scam me this way. | > | >

| > | > Certainly someone has a diagram, install manual, or just knows enough | > | > about there to assist? Greatly appreciated.... | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sorry I don't understand your question. I have about 30-35 doors and windows. Each door and window has a magnetic switch already install. This is new construction. Each uses two conductors so actually that's maybe 70 or so conductors. ADT actually expects me to pay $35 to connect the two conducts up to the circuit board for each and every door and window. That's $1000-$1200. This could not talk two hours to do and they want over $1k??? Oh, maybe it's the series resistor that cost so much??? (That was a joke).

I thought ADT was a good company. Right now I think ADT is nothing but a scam. I paid $375 for this. They wanted I think $2200 with two of the lowest priced keypads they have. One sold on ebay the other day for $10. This isn't high-tech stuff. ADT appears to sell crap.

The salesmen knew I didn't want to pay his company another $1k or so but evidently he sold me the system knowing very well that ADT will die before they will every give up any info for me to do this. Gee, and I thought he "liked" me.

Reply to
awetrwerewr

Jeez I HOPE they locked you out of panel programming

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Don't those guys work for free too??? Just like us Alarm guys.... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.