Installalation Tips and Tools

and you will find that rlb uses that phrase. and I just turned it around on him.

you're not near as dumb as rlb and Mark say. :)

Reply to
Rapid
Loading thread data ...

Yes I am. But there are restrictions and that's the only modification of the electrial system an TQ'd tech can do. The TQ is a specific BC only certification and is designated an SA restriction under the electical code. I have a electrical contractor's registration certificate and I take out electircal permits online.

Can of worms closed.

Once upon a time alarm techs were not allowed to run phone jacks. The tel co had to come out and install at every location. Nowadays, it seems like EVERYBODY is doing it and not always correctly either.

Reply to
julian

C'mon you idiot!

If the wire isn't nicked it could sure put up with being plugged/unplugged a couple of hundred times easily without damage!

I've never heard such bullshit in my life!

Using solid core will eliminate problems, moron. Oh sorry I forgot, you can't strip them without nicking. It's so obvious you have little real-world installation experience.

Julian

Reply to
julian

That's why you MAKE them use size strippers. That way, when you strip a 22 awg wire, you DON'T nick it. I got a Mastercraft wire stripper (that's from Canadaian Tire, a well know Canadian hardware store for all you non-Canandians readers) when I first started in the biz as a nwebie and when it wears out, Canadian Tire replaces it free of charge, no questions asked. In fact their lifetime warranty even applies if you damage the tool on purpose! There must be some place in the great big US of A that has a store with a similar warranty on their tools!

And if a tech doesn't know what he's doing, why is he out in the field unsupervised anyway?

Julian

Reply to
julian

Remember when you had to lease a 'telephone coupler"? Nothing was allowed on Ma Bell's sacred circuits without the large, ugly, and expensive 'telephone coupler". About the size of a bread box - honestly.

BobbyD

julian wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.