Installalation Tips and Tools

formatting link

Reply to
Rapid
Loading thread data ...

Hey I may be a douchebag but I ain't greedy Rapid beat me to posting it.

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Strong enough to fish up?

Crash Gord> My latest "cool-tool" acquistion: MagnaPull - expensive but a major time > saver.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

If your watch isn't "anti-magnetic", quittin' time may not come around for a few days... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Everywhere Man

That's done on purpose Bob. Seems there's an asshole called Robert Bass who likes to do things to people via email. Sorry but theres no way to contact me out of this group.

Reply to
Jim

Almost none -----

I've been able to contact you by asking in the NG to allow my email addy to fly through the trap... You did close the gate after the communication though.

Jim,

Get a free disposable account @ GMAIL or YAHOO--- preferably GMAIL because it will not re-transmit your IP address.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Hmmmmm......

Reply to
G. Morgan

Oh man-- you just opened a can of worms. Are you saying that TQC techs can physically interrupt ???

Is it CA code to have mains

Reply to
G. Morgan

Shut up you big, fat, dumb, felon.

You do not install - because you have a very lengthy criminal history.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Google that phase guys......

We have a sock puppet parade....

Reply to
G. Morgan

Nope. They can install a wire in transformer though (as long as it's properly mounted on a junction box). I've seen some wired to electrical outlets with an extension ring but that means the circuit is no longer dedicated to the alarm system (you can plug something else in). We use transformers with fly leads/connectors on both the primary and secondary ends. The secondary side is mounted directly to a knockout in the can and the primary is attached to an "eleven ten" box or extension ring. There's no exposed cable at all if all the wire's run into the back of the can and you can't accidentally "unplug" the security system.

Reply to
Frank Olson

AND watch out for that steel plate in yer head!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yer welcome...I wish I got a commish everytime I recommend that tool. It's pricey for what it is, but use it a couple of times and you've made yer money bac,

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Definitely. I use it a lot when installing plasmas on the wall...have to fish up from normal cable height to 4-5 feet with mulitple cables (2 coax, component, s-video, etc). A lot of times I don't even pull a pull line first, just tie them all to the magnet.

You can even fish sideways, thats the cool part..you walk the wire to where you need it.

You do need to be careful about storing it, the magnet in the hand tool part will collect fine steel dust and if you don't clean it off once in a while you'll end up marking your customers wall with it.

AND if you have steel plate in your head...be careful! :-)

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you have a steel plate in your head, its probably a little late to be careful

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.