inspection reports

Any one got a link to or will email blank fire alarm inspection reports in a word processor file? Computer crashed last week and got everything back I thought until went to do some reports and now in a bind. The templates I had are gone. hmm...If I can find a blank in the files somewhere may be able to ocr scan.....help...

Reply to
Robo
Loading thread data ...

Mike Baker has one on his site:>

formatting link

Reply to
Sean Sokoly

thanks. any other solutions out there for reports? xls? any one try

formatting link
nice but ?$? , or ony other software solutions? since I have been forced to re visit this issue :( any help greatly aprreciated.

Reply to
Robo

It just occured to me... a fire guy named 'baker'? I think he's a candidate for my APT NAMES LIST

here it is so far if anybody cares to add to it

Mike Baker fire prevention Lorena Bobbit shortens penises Dr Stubs lengthens penises Barbara Seaman warns of dangers of estrogen (the pill) Redekopp cbc exec who censured Cherry (ready cop) George Bush pussy

Reply to
mikey

What do your inspection reports look like?? Ours appear to be a great deal more detailed. We're using a version of the ones available at

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

had mine down to 3 pages before the tradjitty. taken straight from nfpa book on inspections sample. those look interesting, u using the fire alarm systems. 5 pages! :( . that's what I need for US code.

Reply to
Robo

Actually the "base" report we use is seven pages and a lot more detailed than the ASTTBC forms. A "local guy" modified them and emailed samples to a bunch of jurisdictions (he's a bit of a "Microsoft Word Guru" and improved the tables/format). He's posted here on occasion as "FIRETEK". We've adopted them because of their level of detail. While inspection service isn't exactly the "cornerstone" of our business, I've found the quality of the inspections we do provide has increased and our customers are very impressed.

Reply to
Frank Olson

A fillable PDF would be much better than Word .dot templates for this application. A PDF will stay fixed in size when you fill it in and not lose formatting like a Word doc would.

I made all my Alarm Permit Applications into fillable PDF's works great.

I don't do commercial fire anymore so I don't have an example of pdf fire inspection.

Frank Ols> >

Reply to
Crash

Good idea, what do I need to make fillable pdf?

Reply to
Robo

Acrobat (the real one, not just the reader) $$$

Or you can try PrimoPDF - a freebie - I "think" it can produce a fillable form..not sure. I use it sometimes but I have Acrobat so I use that.

If you have a short form you want me to convert for you - as an experiment to see if you want to go this route - feel free to email it to me. It's easy if you have a scan of it..doesn't have to be a Word doc. send to: robosama at gmail dot com

Robo wrote:

Reply to
Crash

I bit the bullet and redid them, still word though. the template is 4 pages. When going thru them 1 at a time and deleting stuff not applicable to the particular installation you can get them down to 2 pages for a small local system. fun weekend. I like the idea of fillable pdf.s in theory. $300 to upgrade to acrobat. I dunno. Thanks Allan for the template used some and other from Sean link to Mike's Baker fire site. Been using Cute pdf, works good, looks kinda like primo. Won't make fillable pdf tho.

Reply to
Robo

formatting link
and

formatting link
Cha-ching!

Reply to
G. Morgan

You can make pdf files without Acrobat, try openoffice.

Reply to
Karl Magnus

It's easy to turn standard PDFs into fillable forms. If you have Adobe's not-so-free PDF writer software you can also save the data in an XML-like format though not many other apps are able to read / write to it yet.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.