inherited gold coin need burgler alarm

Hey Group, my father-in-law left my wife and I over 6 dozen gold old gold coins St. Gaudens. also a big box silver ingots just keeping them now in casa, anywho what would be a good alarm company to contact or mayby install an alarm myself, we just dont know muches about these thngs, ples advice...

Kevin & Kristin Ramos

1290 Trombetta Street Santa Rosa, CA
Reply to
Nomen Nescio
Loading thread data ...

Good chuckle.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Are you NUTS!!!!

Gee you could have included your DOB, SS#, and digital signature. It's ok, only honest people read these newsgroups.

Have a nice day.

Consider this the best advice you will ever get.

Reply to
ABLE_1

Whoops!!! Sorry I didn't read the From" line.

Advise still stands though.

Reply to
ABLE_1

The whole point of using an anonymous remailer is lost if you sign your name at the end of your message. If anyone is wondering, I didn't send this message.

An online directory search shows there really is a Kevin Ramos at that address. But there's no reason for the real Kevin Ramos to post a message using an anonymous remailer, much less to post his address along with a story about gold coins and silver ingots. It kind of looks like someone doesn't like Kevin, and either wants a bunch of alarm companies to fill up his mailbox with junk mail, or wants him to get robbed. Or both.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Reply to
Roland Moore

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up. js

Reply to
alarman

Hello ! Anybody home ? This has gotta be a put on......

If it isn't, you better buy yourself one hell of a good safe, solidly bolted to concrete, if you plan to leave that stuff in your house, alarm or not.....

RHC

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Reply to
tourman

Sigh!

Reply to
Jim

Meaning what ? You think the presence of an alarm system is really going to stop someone from breaking into this guy's home when they have a specific target in mind because he' s been foolish enough to publish something like this ? If this is indeed a real post (and lets assume for the moment it is), his only real solution to keeping all this stuff is a safety deposit box in a bank somewhere. Second best is to physically secure the stuff professionally in the hopes he's able to buy himself enough time before the police arrive due to the alarm.

Ever heard of smash and grab ? Or are you just stirring the pot again...

RHC

Jim wrote:

Reply to
tourman

I suspect he was smoking it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nahh... The only guy on drugs these days is you. Howz the chemo goin'?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Meaning ...........

With reference to : ("This has gotta be a put on......

If it isn't, you better buy yourself one hell of a good safe")

Sorry .... but it was hard to even imagine that you had any doubt that OP wasn't someone either trolling or false posting.

Considering this and your last round of posts, I'm wondering if you're old age is making you more gullible.

And I don't cook. Only sissies cook. If I wanted to cook, I wouldn't have gotten married. (scues me I have to post this quick)

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Could be - I'm trusting by nature, but professionally mistrustful by employment! More likely, it's jumping in without being sure of the context they are written in. However, even though this one was pretty easy to spot, much crazier things have been posted in this insane asyl...er newsgroup.. in the past. On the slight off chance it was real, I thought it warranted a response just in case the poster really had a screw that loose. Oh..by the way....should I be asking your permission first....

RHC: What...you've never heard of Curtis Stone ? He ain't no sissie....and he eats quiche as well...

Reply to
tourman

Cuz your wife is coming into the room, right? js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.