I/P base bus protocol

Hi to group, any insight! Looking to deploy an 9 partition intrusion system on a campus. I have only fibre (which I can use for comm) at 8 of the remote locations. I want to deploy remote zone expanders in these locations. Looking for a central software ( client does not want to enter via keypad) ~

250 users in the system with a fair amount of churn. The (1) one location were I want to deploy the central management system also has phone service and internet access were i would either connect a dialer to the central monitoring station and/or interconnect an I/P communicator. I have looked for several manufacturer that provide some but not all of my criteria.

I could use I/P over GSM...but then how do I provide central management and programming features, Access Control is not a requirement for this job but may have an upside in the finale decision. The closest I can come up with is the Verex System by Guardall...yet little to any information is provided......and yes..you need to be a dealer..

Suggestions??? Thanks in advance

Pogo

Reply to
Pogo
Loading thread data ...

Does it have to be 9 partitions, or can they all be stand alone?

You could use a panel with an IP interface, and not worry if it has the requirement of 9 partitions that way.

Do you have a home-run fiber from each building to the head-end?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yes require the 9 partitions as I want to use only 1 monitored account since I only have 1 phoneline available at the front end. Also assume that the Command Software will allow for multiple user programming and assign partion priviledges. Yes, I have fibre running from each out building back to a central location ( with phoneline and office staff) I could do this install if I had cable between buildings, I would simply put com-bus boosters that are commonly available. because fibre had no inherent/significant delay I have been advised that I may get into timming issues if I use fibre/RS485 converters.

As you can appreciate, I don't wish to be a Beta site....looking for an out of the box solution if it is available.

Pogo

Reply to
Pogo

Guardall is not widely used in the U.S. Italy buys more of it than the whole U.S. market. Use something simple like an NX-8E and alarm.com. You can add access with a NX-1710E module.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.