I just got my first cell phone!

I'd certainly experiment with this. If it's only going to call you on a FIRE signal, then let it call all it wants, for now.

Reply to
Joe Lucia
Loading thread data ...

I'd certainly experiment with this. If it's only going to call you on a FIRE signal, then let it call all it wants, for now.

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Thats a battery feature also shared by Nokia, works well but has a problem communicating if it happens

Reply to
Mark Leuck

To answer his question........ Yes, there are voice dialers you can connect to a panel via relays... You can send voice burg/fire/trouble signals to any phone depending on how many outputs your panel has... Now for the hard part, type in "Voice Dialer", "USP Voice Dialer", or "Alarm Dialer" into any search engine... I'm quite sure the OP will find what he seeks........... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

I'm afraid Sprint is way ahead of you. Sprint phones manufactured after June 2004 have a built-in fire alarm monitoring feature. Upon receipt of a fire alarm signal, the phone spontaneously ignites. This eliminates any confusion as to the nature of the received signal, as well as generating additional phone sales for Sprint.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

You all laugh at my idea, but you KNOW it really does work. When we started monitoring I used that technique to help troubleshoot communication problems. Everyone looked at me funny, but it worked.

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Of course it works, as long as you can whistle. Peeple used laugh when I told them I could test heat detectors with my hands.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Since then, have you ever checked to see if they're STILL looking at you funny? It may not have been due to your "technique" :-]

Reply to
Jim

good point Jim

Reply to
Joe Lucia

If it goes to VM you're still gonna get charged for the call.

| > I wonder what kind of cell phone bill you'd get if you were out of the | > country when your alarm panel continues to call wanting to speak 4+2 with | > ya?! | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

What are these transistor radios with the white cords for both ears?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Or a runaway. Hell, just turn the phone off, that will stop it. Or.. imagine turning your cell off at the movie as they instruct you to and when you get out you get the voice mail ring and two hours later you are just finding out you had an alarm from your smoke detector. You turn to your wife....Honey...I luv ya...I luv ya ..I luv ya..I ...I thunk Iam in trouble....I luv ya...I luv ya..Got sompin to tell ya...I luv ya...

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Yep, I was being vicious.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

We considered offering monitoring to the DIY's but we realize we are very happy just talking to Dealers. End-User/Retail-Customers would add to much overhead, we like to keep things simple and efficient.

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Way too much overhead..you'd need helper-techs on call.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.