I do low voltage demo in office buildings at .25 cents a sq foot

As part of my side job of removing low voltage wiring in plenem air space I run into a lot of stuff. Last week I got two SILENT WITNESS V25LC5080 COLOR CAMERAS & a ALTRONIX 8 port power supply. I listed them with iSOLD IT on ebay

formatting link
and put down a min of $200.00.

I come across so much used telephone and computer stuff on a monthly basis and have no idea what to do with the stuff. The wire alone goes for $1.10 per pound here in GA but mostly I give it to the building maintenance staff. What about the card access controllers, computer racks and weird and mysterious communication boxes with plexyglass front mounted windows.

Does any one know how I can recycle all this stuff I get?

bb

Reply to
bb
Loading thread data ...

The problem with cameras or anything CCTV related is that they become obsolete in 3-5 years, or even sooner.

The Altronix power supply is worth more than the cameras, in my opinion. The power supply new is about $150, so an old model on ebay might fetch $40. The cameras as I said, have no or very little value. New color cameras with Sony chips on them are about $100 each on eBay.

I run across that kind of stuff myself from department stores closings, or buildings being demolished. Most of that old telephone, security, CCTV, EAS stuff was left there for a reason...it's probably obsolete, or proprietary, or you need a staff of 10+ IT guys to keep it running... :)

Call a scrap metal yard in your area. You can do better that way than forking over good money towards eBay fees...remember, if the item don't sell on ebay, you still have to pay them their fees. So unless you come across a newer Nortel phone system, or a 16-32 channel DVR CCTV system, chances are it's outdated junk anyway.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Put all the crap on Ebay

Reply to
Carl

thanks for the re:

I believe you. I change out my computer once a year. bb

Reply to
bb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.