how to set up cctv network?

does anyone know of a web site that show you how to set up a CCTV network of cameras, how to strip the rg59 cable and crimp it, how to set up PTZ cameras, and how to intergrate then into a DVR. i know its going to be different for each dvr, but any help would be nice.

Reply to
supercool
Loading thread data ...

or you can do what most people do:

Buy the cheapest stuff they can find. Open the boxes and lose the instruction manuals and receipt.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And you haven't learned how to strip RG59 yet? Don't put the cart before the horse. There is alot to learn just with installing the cable, power and telemetry wiring ie: installation codes, proper wire and size for the application, conduit fill specs., installation methods etc. Then you will get into the cameras, lenses, PTZ's, domes, housings, mounts, power supplies, UPS's, routers, and DVR's. You probably will have a hard time finding a website that will teach you what you need to know. It takes hands on training to learn alot of what is necessary. DIYers struggle through their own home installations and is usually more of a hobby. The equipment you are outlining sounds more of a commercial type application and probably should be looked at by someone already versed in CCTV applications. Don't be misled because you can find this equipment on the internet and think it is no big shake because you have hooked up a VCR before.(no flame intended) To have a system installed and set up properly does take some experience.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

This was 21 years ago.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

RG59 ?, You will get a much better picture with RG6

James

Reply to
James

oh, my bad

James

Reply to
James

Only diff with RG6 is you can run it longer, but it has to be copper center and copper braided, otherwise simple cable TV RG6 which generally has aluminum braid, will be a much worse picture and not go any distance at all.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

They didn't have 6 back then only 59 & 56

Reply to
Crash Gordon

my bad, before my time :-)

Reply to
cctvbahamas

whippersnapper.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

RG59's a lot better than drums and smoke signals.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.