HOW to convert signal level for external-siren

How can i convert a "positive hold-off " to a "negative hold-off" level.

The siren who was attached to my alarm has been taken of the system when i moved , now i want to reinstall this siren BUT obviusly the ( un- ) installer has removed some components from this connection inside the cabinet.

The only thing i can say is that now as soon as i connect the siren to the cabinet ( outdoor siren connection ) it starts to work straight away , and only goes silent when the alarm is ACTIVE .

the only info i got from the old installer is that i need to " use 2 diodes to get it right " , so i am positive he knows what he removed since the alarm was working without any problems in my previous home .

the alarm is an aritech cd150 .

who can help ????????

Reply to
nitro2
Loading thread data ...

Just use a relay.

Reply to
alarman

diodes in series with the legs of the siren ckt.. supervises the ckt to the panel, voltage reverses for alarm, ie full power to the driver.

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

which orientation ???

"RockyTSquirrel" schreef in bericht news:P6adnZFwTdchak3XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Reply to
nitro2

You have a "50 percent" chance of getting it right on the first go. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

like frank said you got a 50/50 chance of getting it right the first time.. just make sure the banded end of both diodes are in the same direction..

if the siren keeps sounding in the off condition, then reverse the diodes.

if that stops the sounding, then trip the alarm and make sure that they do sound in alarm..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Just make sure they're in "series" with either the positive or negative lead from the siren. Don't try "shunting" across the siren outputs (+) and (-) directly.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.